What's new

Composer Shirley Walker - RIP (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Shirley Walker, an immensely talented composer best known for her work in the Diniverse died Wednesday of a brain aneurysm at the age of 61. She composed the themes for The New Adventures of Batman & Robin, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman: Gotham Knights, and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm among many other works. Her finest work was Mask of the Phantasm, imho, and its haunting theme is something I listen to regularly. Her final credit will be on the upcoming Direct to DVD release of New Frontier.

IMDB listing

RIP, Mrs. Walker. :frowning:

cwhite

Second Unit
She also did the music for the series "Space: Above and Beyond". I liked what I heard in the shows. I feel the loss now.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
No!!! Why?

She composed the music for one of my favorite under-rated movies, "Memoirs of an Invisible Man" by John Carpenter. That alone put her in the history books for being the first woman to compose an original score. Not only that, the music was beautiful, haunting, and action-packed, all at the same time.

Not to mention that she conducted many of Danny Elfman's best scores as well. Not that she's gone, music has lost one of its best composers/conductors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks