Component Vidoe Comes out RED?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by viper04, Mar 18, 2007.

1. viper04

viper04 Auditioning

Hello.

I just hooked up my DVD player to my new 46 62U Sharp LCD tv using component video and the picture is all red. When I use s-video the picture if fine.

What I'm I missing? I double checked and the red,green, blue are going into the proper spots and I'm using Monster component cables?

Thanks

Viper

2. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

Is it a Samsung? If so, change the setting from S-Video to component video in the player's setup menu.

3. viper04

viper04 Auditioning

Its a Sharp. And when I changed it to input 2 it says component but only shows everything in red.

4. smith12

smith12 Auditioning

Try the setting on your dvd player. Should be able to switch the view to component on the player as well as the tv. Hope this helps.

5. viper04

viper04 Auditioning

I'll try that and see if that works.

Thanks

6. joseph westcott

joseph westcott Second Unit

If the good suggestions of others here do not work, try moving the cables around to see if you can isolate a bad cable. They are all basically composite cables, just split into different signals for more bandwidth and signal isolation. So, technically you can use any color on any output as long as you are consistent. Example, use a green cable to go from red to red connection, use blue cable to go from green to green conn, and green cable to go from blue to blue connection.

Let us know if the color changes or you only get black and white signal.