What's new

Component Video input question (1 Viewer)

Eugene Viti

Auditioning
I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V750 receiver to go along with my Mitsubishi WS-65813, DIRECTV, and digital cable. My question is, with only two component video inputs on the receiver how can I add a third component such as a progressive scan DVD player?

My one guess would be since the DIRCTV would be utilized for just NFL Sunday ticket, should the satellite receiver go right through the television? Does that sound plausible?

PLease advise. I'm looking to install this week. Any help would be appreciated.

SimiA

Second Unit
If the Direct Tv receiver is a non-HD unit, then yeah.
You would't be able to it connect via component anyway if it's not HD, and, there by freeing up the component inputs on your Tv. However, you should have a composite input on your Yamaha, and you could connect the Direct Tv STB to that receiver, along with all your equipment through the Yamaha, using it as a switcher.
Vb

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
you have *both* digital cable and directv? i assume you want to route everything through the receiver.

in any case, neither of those components require a component connection. s-video should work just fine. i'm sure you have plenty of those on the back of the receiver.

or, am i missing something? (highly likely...) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks