What's new

Component DVD Playback to Samsung HD TV is Horrible...any Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Bartsfam

Auditioning
Real Name
James Bartlett
Hello; I am brand new to all of this. I know that it is 2013, but I just got my first HD TV. (Samsung 40" UN40EH6000) Everything is great, picture is beautiful..I have a new Panasonic Blu Ray player. Everything is great, but.... I refuse to pay my local cable company the $25/month for DVR service. For the past five years, I have used a Panasonic DVD Recorder for recording all of my shows. The playback picture was great on my tube tv, via composite cables. This recorder does say that it upscales also. I use the blu ray for all of my movie viewing..but when I record a show, and try to use the Panasonic DVD recorder, the playback is horrendous. Noise lines, blurry, poor color, etc.. The setup for the DVD recorder is: basic cable to the recorder, record on DVD -RW, playback output via component, to the Technics Amplifier, output from the amplifier via component, directly to the back of the Samsung TV's rear component inputs. My homemade, off of the TV recordings are horrible!!!! But, store bought movie DVD's playback great via component cables. I also want to add that watching the TV thru the DVD Recorder tuner is also horrible, with wavy noise lines, etc..... On the other hand, I got the Wii new component cables, and hooked it up to the Technics amp, and then off to the TV, and the Wii games look pretty good, as can be expected! Only my homemade TV recordings stink!! Any advice??

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Get off DVD and buy the stuff you need to make your computer your DVR. There are PC "antenna" and software all over the internet to record in 720P/1080i.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks