Complex Question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Selver, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Selver

Selver Auditioning

I have a very complex question (or so it seems to me). What i have right now is a Laptop who's video and audio i project to two TV's and one projector. What i am currently using is a wireless HD Flow system but it never seems to work right when i need it. Basically what i need is to be abel to project my computer screen to multiple TV's and one projector. For now all i need to do is project my computer video and audio to two TV's and one projector. In the near future i will need to project my computer audio video to about 10-15 TV's and one projector. I will attach two images that will basically explain what i need done. If you have any further questions that will help you figure out what i need to do please ask. Thanks in advance! [​IMG] [​IMG] Thank you once again!

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    There are various distribution boxes made (e.g. VGA) from a variety of manufacturers. I actually gave one away a couple of years ago that I got in trade and had no use for. It had eight inputs and a pass through to go to another distribution device.

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

there are HDMI and DVI "extenders" that convert the video into (generally) two Cat5/6 cables. But this is not ethernet, and doesn't go through regular switches and hubs, but only directly to a matched "receiver" at the other end.

There are a couple of ways of doing what you're looking at, but if you want/need to stick with Cat-6, you could be in trouble.

Option 1: all laptops go through a format-switcher. HDMI, DVI, VGA, whatever, it all gets converted into, say, VGA (which is easy,) and runs back to your control room. There, you have a VGA distribution amplifier, and push VGA out to all of your displays. But then you need to run VGA to all locations (3-5 pieces of RG-6, either soldered into HD15 connectors, or into RGBHV "pony-tails.") A format switcher might be something like a Kramer multi-format scaling switcher. I think this is in the neighborhood of $1500, but don't quote me on that.

Option 2: Maybe more expensive in adapters, but the cabling is easy; single runs of RG-6 everywhere, and something like an Aja micro-converter that converts the input to HD-SDI for the long-haul, an HD-SDI distribution amplifier, and then another set of microconverters at your displays. But these run at something like $300 per adapter.

I'm sure there are other ways, but they're all likely going to get kind of messy.

Leo