What's new

Complete Fritz Lang's Metropolis found! (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I just read this. Since this is becoming a la mode like what they are doing with Star Trek, I say they should do a digital restoration and through all the bad shots out and include new equivalent CG shots! This will be done with all care and respect of course and to keep the original intent. Making it 3D and adding new voices should also be seriously considered!

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Incredible news. Makes you wonder how many other "lost" films/footage still exist out there, there might be hope for The Mountain Eagle yet...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I saw this at the Times Cinema in Milwaukee last night (to a pretty full theater!) and was stunned! The "lost" footage is pretty seamlessly integrated with the rest of the movie (yes, the quality difference is noticeable but there aren't any drastic jumps) and the rest of the movie is one of the finest examples of a silent film I've seen! I really want to re-watch the version that has been out there for years to see how it plays...the majority of the cuts were actually in the last act of the movie ("Furioso", IIRC) and seem to be scenes that might have been too intense for audiences of the time. Highly recommended!!!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
LOL....3D....yup.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what is done with this! Of course by the time it is ready we might well be watching 3D holograms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks