What's new

Compatibility problems with Dish Network vip 211 rcvr (1 Viewer)

toddbailey

Auditioning
Real Name
todd bailey
Hey all

Can someone explaine to me why I don't have a image on my projector when I connect the signal cable to a dish network sat box when the dtv box works?

Let me expand on this a little,

working configuation is Direct TV HD w/hdmi output, hdmi to dvi adapter, dvi adapter to tvone scaler dvi input to svga (db15), svga to rgbhv bnc cable, bnc to Nec xg 110 projector.

This config has been working for many years.

I recently wanted to give dishnet a try due to better rates.

when the install was completed, we connected the projector to the sat box and no picture.

I had to ask the installer to remove the equipment and cancelled the deal

I'm currently stuck with over priced direct tv

why doesn't the dish equipment work, and is there a way to fix it ?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by toddbailey

working configuation is Direct TV HD w/hdmi output, hdmi to dvi adapter, dvi adapter to tvone scaler dvi input to svga (db15), svga to rgbhv bnc cable, bnc to Nec xg 110 projector.

Wow - considering all of that, I'm a little surprised it ever worked at all.

Actually, how old was your DirecTV receiver? It's possible that if it's several years old, it may not have enforced the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) as rigorously as they do now.

Considering your projector is analog CRT that could be the difference, but that's a complete guess.

Did you try changing the output resolution from the Dish box or try using a regular composite video connection just to see what would happen? Not that it would have been a workable solution, but after going to all the trouble of an installation, I would have at least tried some degree of troubleshooting and taking some of the myriad of adaptors and signal conversion out of the equation.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

toddbailey

Auditioning
Real Name
todd bailey
"Wow - considering all of that, I'm a little surprised it ever worked at all."

Why do you say that? It's basically a cable to a scaler then on to the projector

The Direct TV receiver design (H21-100) is a couple of years old as is the vip 211.

The scaler doesn't care what the input resolution is, (up to a point) it just converts the signal to 1080P analog.

However you might has something on the hdcp issue, I'll have to check with tvone who make the scaler and see what they have to day

thanks for the lead.

any one else care to comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks