What's new

3D Compatibility issue - Samsung 3D TV with Panasonic 3D Blu-ray player (1 Viewer)

Imty

Auditioning
Real Name
Imtiaz Baqui
Hi, I'm intending to buy a Samsung UA55D6400 3D LED TV and Panasonic DMP-BDT300 3D Blu-ray player. Will the two be compatible? The reason for my choosing the Panasonic player is because it has 2 HDMI outputs which helps me retain my legacy Onkyo AV Receiver. Would appreciate all the help on this. Thanks.

Imty

Auditioning
Real Name
Imtiaz Baqui
Thank you Matt. If I wanted to know how these are compatible would it be too much ask of you? Appreciate your help.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Imty

Thank you Matt.
If I wanted to know how these are compatible would it be too much ask of you? Appreciate your help.
I'm not sure what you mean. They both meet the 3D Blu-ray specifications so they are compatible. The only compatibility issues that exist around three 3D are with the glasses. Samsung glasses won't work with a Panasonic 3D TV, and visa verse.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Adam is correct. All brands of 3D players will work with all brands of 3D TVs. They don't have to be made by the same manufacturer. He's also correct about the active shutter glasses. You get the glasses that match your TV, and you'll be set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks