What's new

Comparison of Sports games? (Football and Baseball) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of a a summary/review/comparison of the various NFL/MLB games for the Xbox and Gamecube? Is there a consensus about which game is better in each sport?

thanks!

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
On Xbox, you'd want either NFL 2K3 or Madden 2003. The former has gotten universally higher reviews and is compatible with Xbox Live!. I'd recommend the same two games for Gamecube, but niether of them have online capability for that console.

For baseball, you have World Series Baseball 2K3 or All Star Baseball 2003 for Xbox. The former has a better franchise mode, the latter has a more intuitive pitching/batting setup. On your Gamecube, All Star Baseball 2003 is the only choice.

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
How do the 2002 versions compare with the 2003? Would the 2002 version be compatible online with the 2003 version? I can get a preowned 2002 game pretty cheap now, but will I really lose out?
Thanks for the advice ;)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, for gameplay, probably not much would be missing. However, Sega really upgraded the franchise modes this year for both 2K3 and WSB. There's where the big difference lies.

David Phillips

Auditioning
Is there any place with a comparison of the same game on each of the platforms? How does NFL2k3 compare on Xbox vs. PS2?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks