What's new

Community - Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Oh, my GOD. I just realized -- Glover's "Spider-Man" PJs were also a reference to The Toy!

So many layers. This is the best show on television. The thing about Community is that it's as if someone designed a show just for me.

Also:

"Is there ANYTHING you didn't win that day?"

And, lastly (for the moment), I'll leave you all with this:

"Is there any room in this pocket for a little spare Chang?"

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Man...I love that they start the new season running. Spidey jammies, the Caddyshack painting, the Gollum ending, the Toto-rap, White's Yoda quote (THAT is why you fail!), Annie's right hook, the disgusto-kiss, the 'wedding episode', the cracks on $#!+ my dad says...this show is just jam-packed with cleverness!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
...MotherFUCKER.

More likely, after Outsourced fails, NBC will just shove another one of their new comedies in there for the juicy Office lead-in, instead of Parks & Rec. They have already have another three waiting in the wings.

And if you're wondering what those three are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_with_Benefits_(TV_series)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paul_Reiser_Show
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_Couples

Yeah. Sucktastic. God, I almost want Outsourced to succeed, just to spare us from another Paul Reiser sitcom. I miss Ron Fucking Swanson.

Also, there's this:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/09/community_pop_culture_referenc.html

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
How about a .gif of when Annie is screaming in horror and the black lady (forget her name) is squealing with joy? That was great!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I need to watch it again, but Betty White dampened my enthusiasm. I can't stand her and hope she goes back to Cleveland quick.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
For me, Betty's Community appearance was a welcome antithesis to some of the characters she's been playing lately -- namely, variations on the "dirty old granny" role. Which, hey, is great; I'm not suggesting some sort of backlash is forming, or something. But seeing her as a total urine-drinking hardass who builds a super-gun out of many smaller weapons was great.

Just rewatched it again, and noticed this little gem:

"Maybe it's the telescope. You can look into it backwards -- SHRINK YOUR ENEMIES!!"

I can see Chang getting his own super-evil group going. Maybe with Hal Sparks and Bill Murray.
  Such a great opening episode. Combined with the greatness of 30 Rock, this is a helluva one-two punch.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Good news on Community's ratings:

At 8 p.m. ET, the second season premiere of "Community" (2.2/7 in 18-49, 5.0 million viewers overall) is up 10 percent versus its season finale in May and up 16 percent versus its first 8 p.m. telecast last season (1.9 on October 8, "Community" debuted on September 17, 2009 in the 9:30 time period with a 3.8).  Despite intense time-period competition, including the first Thursday original for CBS's "Big Bang Theory," "Community" scored NBC's highest non-sports 18-49 rating in this time period since March 4.  In the half-hour, "Community" is #2 among the major networks in men 18-49 (tie) and men 18-34.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

...Actually, that news IS NOT gay. Cool to hear. (Clicky -- just had to post that, after finding it somewhere else.)

One thing I loved was Jeff high-fiving the priest after Britta said she didn't love him. Just the fact that:

a) This news would make him high-five somebody;
b) He choose to high-five the priest; and:
c) The priest actually high-fived HIM

...makes this beyond hilarious to me. I realize explaining the joke ruins it most of the time, but hey.

(I also liked that the balloons had creepy, half-Jeff/half-Britta faces on them.)

When did I start loving Britta? I don't recall the switch occurring, but I suppose I could be as susceptible to the "Aniston Factor" as everyone else.

It probably doesn't hurt anything that Jacobs seems to have gotten even more gorgeous over the last six months.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I'm a fan on Facebook and I've noticed that the "Likes" for "Community" are usually in the 100 - 200 range where as with "Modern Family" and such they are normally in the upper hundreds to thousands. I just don't understand the dislike for this show.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, I feel that way about Modern Family, too. I get why people find it funny, but it doesn't connect with me the way it does with everyone else.

Modern Family is more pleasantly charming than laugh-out-loud funny. Whereas Community absolutely had my wife and I rolling last week.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't see any prohibition against it in the fine print: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120625261715&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

I don't see any prohibition against it in the fine print: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120625261715&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

If I was Alison Brie, I'd be kinda spooked that someone was willing to spend $4,500 to have lunch with me. I was looking at a couple of those celebrity lunch auctions and she doubled most of the ones that I saw (although John Hamm brought in $5,000).

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Those chloroform scenes had me laughing pretty good. And the end of the show with painted Abed in the painted tunnel...perfect. "Abed: I may have done some damage there". LOL!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Only $4,500? Awesome! It's nowhere near my reserve.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

(Click to animate. More Annie's Boobs, y'all!)

Yeah, this episode was greatness. The whole chloroform-bit absolutely, categorically killed me. I was literally racked with howls of laughter. It was convulsive (and everything with Glover in that scene is proof that he's a young comic genius). Annie was on fire, and it was interesting to actually have an episode away from Greendale, for a change. I could watch YEARS of Abed/Troy/Annie adventures. Glover really killed it this week. His panicking when Annie first chloroformed the janitor was insanely good. The man really is gifted. I'm really appreciating the show's balance of sweetness and evil. That shot of Chang lying on the floor staring into the ceiling...I love it so much. As much as I love it whenever Donald Glover cries. And finally:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by joshEH

Glover really killed it this week. His panicking when Annie first chloroformed the janitor was insanely good. The man really is gifted.

I love the whole cast but I think Donald Glover has a chance of becoming a big comedic movie star after Community ends.

I think Troy, Annie and Abed's idea of laying down and pretending to also have been chloroformed was actually pretty good. If someone chloroformed me and I woke up and saw a bunch of people saying that they were chloroformed too, I wouldn't suspect them as being the ones who drugged me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks