Community - season 1 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss

News from Comic-Con: Episode 4 of Season will be a full-on Apollo 13!
Will post pics from the panel tonight.
What?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
---

So when Harmon was asked why audiences who didn't watch Season 1 should tune into Season 2, he very confidently said three words that excited the crowd: "Apollo 13 homage."

Harmon says the episode slated for Season 2 is very much in the vein of fan fave episode, "Modern Warfare," in which the crew waged a paintball war and was directed by "Fast and the Furious"' Justin Lin.

---

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Yeah, I feel the same, but I want it so I took the plunge with the $5 off coupon. I hate watching shows on HD when they are on and then am stuck with them in SD for repeat viewings.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I would love to have this on blu, but I'll gladly take it on DVD to support the show and help make sure we keep seeing it! Thanks for the link Adam, mine is ordered (and based on what I saw at the Human Target panel and your recommendation, I preordered that too).

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I won't be buying the show on DVD, despite being a big fan. I don't support idiotic moves by studios/production companies/networks/et cetera.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll stick with my hard drive recordings. I don't usually buy current-run shows, but this would join Chuck as an exception if it were in Blu, but not in SD.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

I think it will be quite a while before season sets on blu-ray as well as DVD is the norm rather than the exception.

The majority of shows that I currently watch release their seasons on BD and DVD, so for me, DVD-only is the exception.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Kickpuncher: The Comic!

"I love you, Kickpuncher!!"

Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss 240#post_3713919

I would love to have this on blu, but I'll gladly take it on DVD to support the show and help make sure we keep seeing it! Thanks for the link Adam, mine is ordered (and based on what I saw at the Human Target panel and your recommendation, I preordered that too).

I know. I know. I hate to sound like "one of those Blu-Ray people," but I hate the thought of buying this at a resolution that's lower than how I originally watched it during HD broadcasts. Especially since it's such a handsomely-shot show. And especially because I want to look at Alison and Gillian in HD. Buying a TV show on home video should be a step up in quality, dammit.

On the other hand, I want to support the show as much as possible. (Same situation with Parks and Recreation.)

NBC still hasn't even released past Office seasons on Blu (except for the fifth season), and no 30 Rock at all. Pfffffffffft.

(Also, loved the Comic Con panel, especially the fact that NBC felt it necessary to bleep out "shit," but left in Glover's entire "fellatin' hobo" bit.)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't keep in touch with every show that is or isn't on BR. The shows I'm interested in owning have been, so I just assumed it was a standard thing now. I guess it's a Catch-22: BR will continue to struggle if they don't put things people want on the format, but they don't put things people want on the format because BR continues to struggle.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I was channel-surfing a few weeks ago and watched "Mixology Certification", my first exposure to Community. It was good enough to spark an interest, and so I decided to start from the beginning. WOW! Aside from the pilot promos (which didn't make me want to watch it because Jeff and Britta seemed like douchebags), I don't think this show has been promoted well at all. I can't believe I'm just now discovering how awesome this show is. No TV show has ever made me laugh so much like Community.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by TravisR

I think I'm most surprised that anyone seems surprised by Community not coming to Blu-ray.

Even stranger that its produced by Sony who has released series like Breaking Bad on BD.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasC

I was channel-surfing a few weeks ago and watched "Mixology Certification", my first exposure to Community. It was good enough to spark an interest, and so I decided to start from the beginning. WOW! Aside from the pilot promos (which didn't make me want to watch it because Jeff and Britta seemed like douchebags), I don't think this show has been promoted well at all. I can't believe I'm just now discovering how awesome this show is. No TV show has ever made me laugh so much like Community.

For me, Britta was the stand-out of this past Thursday's episode, which is so bizarre, because she did start out as a major drag on the show. She had my favorite line of the night, which no one's even mentioned yet: "Somebody's been collecting river-fingers with a cute boy!"

I didn't notice the sweater-line until my second viewing. That was also when I noticed the poster in the men's room that read: "BE KIND, REWIND." For some reason, that utterly killed me.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Psst...this is the season 1 thread. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned "Mixology Certification" in my post, it must've thrown you guys off. That's the episode I started off with, but now I'm just now getting through the season 1 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks