What's new

Comment my ongoing upgrade, pls (1 Viewer)

KyleS

Screenwriter
I dont agree when people always say build a top notch system unless you have the money to throw away.

There is always a price point that just makes sense. Usually the top end stuff is extremely expensive in comparison to the middle of the road gear. Buy the best that you can reasonably afford then when it becomes outdated or obsolete replace it. Best of luck building the machine and please let us know how it turns out when you are done.

KyleS

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I dont agree when people always say build a top notch system unless you have the money to throw away.
Kyle, I agree. I don't necessarily advocate spending as much as possible - though doing so gives one a guarantee of getting the absolute (current) best, in terms of sheer performance.
Your advice is correct. Find a price point and build the best system you can. I just don't agree with idea of deliberately sticking with cheaper components because of what is around the corner.
For example, I am seeing a lot of people excited about ATI's new Radeon card and a lot of people are anxious to snap it up. But almost every thread on the subject has a few people saying 'I'll wait for nVidia's N30, it'll be better'. Well, yes it will. But it will be released later this year, and by then ATI will probably have announced their next card - heck, even NVidia will have been gloating about what is next.
The point is, live for today. Stop worrying about what is coming. :)
/Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks