What's new

3D Coming to 3-D Blu-ray January 21, 2014 from Twilight Time. (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Let's hope that good sales for "Man in the Dark" lights the way for more 3D Blu-rays from Twilight Time.

"Miss Sadie Thompson", "Sangaree", "Those Redheads from Seattle" and "Inferno" would be priorities on my list.

inferno2.jpg
inferno3.jpg

Doug.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Bob Furmanek said:
The photography on Frankenstein is terrible and would require extensive correction work before any Blu-ray release.
If they were to put it out "as is" there would be an incredible amount of complaints with crosstalk/ghosting.
The photography can't possibly be as bad as the acting.
When I saw "Flesh for Frankenstein" in the early 80s, the 3D was the only worthwhile thing about it. According to the presenter, the movie was financed by the Mafia and Paul Morrisey took over shooting after Robert Bernier was fired for working too slowly.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Among the many 3-D photographic errors in the film is the extreme parallax on the close-up shots which result in severe eye-strain.
When I told Mr. Morrisey that we could fix those errors in the new master, he said "That's the way I shot it. I don't want any changes."

So be it.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Bob Furmanek said:
Among the many 3-D photographic errors in the film is the extreme parallax on the close-up shots which result in severe eye-strain.
When I told Mr. Morrisey that we could fix those errors in the new master, he said "That's the way I shot it. I don't want any changes."

So be it.
I wasn't aware of any problems at the cinema but the Channel 4 screening using ColorCode was appalling: dark, not much depth and diverging images of anything coming even a liitle way out of the screen. ColorCode is an abomination.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I have the 3-D VHD version on a field-sequential DVD. I'll have to check on an old TV how bad the 3d is.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I think watching a field sequential DVD and seeing the same movie in the theaters can, in fact, yield two different experiences. I have Jaws 3D on VHD and have no problems watching it. But at Expo III, the shot of the crab made me feel like my eyeballs were being ripped out of my head. Similarly, I have a field sequential VHS of Run For Cover--a movie so bad it's kinda aptly titled. In Field Sequential, it's just fine. On the big screen, it's problems are front and center as too many of the gimmick shots are way too close to the camera.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
All the more reason Mr. Furmanek should be involved to assist with alignment rectification. Smaller screens don't cause 3D headaches the same way cinema screens do.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Bob Furmanek said:

So be it.
Mr. Morrisey is not exactly David Lean; not surprised in the least by his response.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Gonna blind buy this one since the opportunity to see it 3D otherwise is basically nil. I rarely blind buy so here's hoping I enjoy it! If I don't at least I should be able to easily sell it for a minimal loss of maybe $5.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Mine has shipped as well, but strange, I was sent 2 identical e-mails, I hope they haven't doubled up.

Anybody else receive 2 identical shipping e-mails?

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Doug Bull said:
Mine has shipped as well, but strange, I was sent 2 identical e-mails, I hope they haven't doubled up.

Anybody else receive 2 identical shipping e-mails?
I did too, same info in each.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
And me boss! bgart13..only available from the US through Screen Archives or TCM...believe it's all regions...

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
I got 2 emails too, but only 1 copy arrived today!
Will be watching this weekend, really hoping for a great 3D transfer.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Strange, mine hasn't shipped yet, but Khartoum did. Wonder what the hold up is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks