Coming Soon From Olive Films

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MisterLime, May 26, 2011.

1. MisterLime

MisterLime Insider
    Insider

Scott
    June Releases (Olive Films) - More to come...

Attached Files:

2. TheSteig

TheSteig Supporting Actor

David
    Im interesting in "more to come". Ive got my fingers crossed for some long time wishlists that I have had ever since Olive acquired the rights to the Paramount and Republic library :)

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    The last Highlander 2 release was atrocious ( for an HD release ) so i wonder if there is any point to Olive recycling that transfer, i doubt they spent money on a new film scan for it thus if i was Olive i'd not lower my reputation by releasing it, good to see Wake Of The Red Witch and Champion listed.

4. revgen

revgen Supporting Actor

Dan
    I don't believe that Olive Films has any access to the Paramount Library. Only the Republic Pictures/NTA Films library owned by Paramount. You can read this article for more info on what they can release. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_Pictures

Time Warner is the distributor of the Paramount library.

5. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    While it does look like Olive taken a break from releasing titles from the main Paramount library, as it's pretty clear they've got their hands full in whittling down that list of upcoming Republic titles announced just last year, Olive had been releasing Paramount titles until November 2012 (and December if counting the two repackaged blu-ray sets)

Also, WB only signed the distribution deal for a select number of Paramount titles (600?) and Olive has responded to this reassuring that Olive is still collaborating with Paramount for future releases.

6. MisterLime

MisterLime Insider
    Insider

Scott
    Newly announced titles FILES ON THELMA JORDON and SHANKS are Paramount. Both are being released on 5/28/13

They also released 3 Paramount titles in February - INNOCENT BYSTANDERS, PLAIN CLOTHES and A NEW LIFE

JoHud likes this.
  7. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    Good to hear the Paramount titles are still coming. Thanks for the correction.

8. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

My understanding is that WB's 600-title Paramount deal is covering solely movies that, basically, already got released in some fashion on DVD, but might be debuting in Blu-Ray. It's less of an acquisition deal and more of a replication-and-rackjobbing arrangement. So you won't be seeing any long-unavailable first-time releases from this, just Blu-Ray upgrades and budget packaging releases, such as their double/triple/quad bills pairing Paramount and WB library titles for Wal-Mart.Olive will be the primary place, if at all, we'll be seeing any previously-unavailable Paramount titles. They've been offering a wonderful array of them so far this year, on top of the fine Republic releases.

9. Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby Screenwriter

Keith Cobby
    I would like Olive to release the VistaVision titles (eg Hell's Island) which have not been released on DVD.

10. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    We'll know if titles such as The Joker is Wild or Love with the Proper Stranger are ever released on disc by Warner or Olive.

Ken Koc likes this.
  11. bgart13

bgart13 Screenwriter

Ben
    I hope an announcement for DR. TERROR happens soon, as it is Peter Cushing's centennial celebration this year (and is rightfully being celebrated in the UK).

WadeM likes this.
  12. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    Hoping still to this day once the song clearances are done, they'll release the last Dean and Jerry movie...Three Ring Circus.

13. Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby Screenwriter

Keith Cobby
    I also would like 3 Ring Circus on blu-ray together with their other VistaVision titles. I am a bit surprised at the slow rate that VistaVision titles are being released on blu-ray considering that the large format films are generally producing the best blu-rays. If Paramount/Warners do not want to release the higher profile titles perhaps they should give them all to Olive.

14. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    And Keith, i am sure hoping Olive will release this last Dean and Jerry movie no matter how bad it might be, as they gave us a few titles we never thought we'd see on DVD or BD from Lewis himself and there are still a few more solo Jerry Lewis films that need to get released properly.

15. MisterLime

MisterLime Insider
    Insider

Scott
    June Release (Olive Films)

Attached Files:

16. MisterLime

MisterLime Insider
    Insider

Scott
    Also in June

Samuel Fuller's SHARK! - Starring Burt Reynolds, Arthur Kennedy and Barry Sullivan - DVD & BLU-RAY
    Jean-Luc Godard's KEEP YOUR RIGHT UP! (SOIGNE TA DROITE) - DVD & BLU-RAY
    Jean-Luc Goadrd's COMMENT ÇA VA (HOW IS IT GOING?) - DVD & BLU-RAY

Attached Files:

17. WadeM

WadeM Supporting Actor

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but have you seen this blu-ray specifically, as opposed to making a statement on past observations? The reason I ask is because I do try to learn on this forum and Robert Harris has stated "when Mr. Harwood adds his thoughts to this forum, they should be taken seriously." I have heeded his words.

18. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson Screenwriter

I've seen the McLintock blu-ray. The picture is all right, though frankly I think the DVD looks better. It's the audio that's just awful. When it's not covered up by music you hear that background racket you get on those old flicks (some silent, some not) that TCM runs late nights on the weekend. I'd call it white noise but it's not electronic/electric in nature. In any event, it's very annoying. I don't expect that on a 1963-vintage film.

19. MisterLime

MisterLime Insider
    Insider

Scott
    COMMENT ÇA VA - Corrected Final Art - Previous version had listed JEAN-PIERRE GORIN as the co-writer - Its should be ANNE-MARIE MIEVILLE

Attached Files:

20. TheSteig

TheSteig Supporting Actor

David
    We must be getting close to Beware My Lovely and or Dr Terrors House of Horrors (I hope )