What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
MisterLime said:
No set dates for a second FN boxed set - The following Noir titles will be released for the first time on DVD and BLU --- Ida Lupino and Robert Ryan in BEWARE, MY LOVELY - directed by Harry Horner --- James Mason and Barbara Bel Geddes in CAUGHT - directed by Max Ophuls --- Mala Powers & Tod Andrews in OUTRAGE - directed by Ida Lupino --- Frank Lovejoy and Kathleen Ryan in TRY AND GET ME - directed by Cy Endfield --- Susan Hayward and Robert Cummings in THE LOST MOMENT - directed by Martin Gabel --- Claudette Colbert and Don Ameche in SLEEP, MY LOVE - directed by Douglas Sirk --- Dick Powell and Rhonda Fleming in CRY DANGER - directed by Robert Parrish --- and the BLU release of NO MAN OF HER OWN, starring Barbara Stanwyck and John Lund - directed by Mitchell Leisen - MORE TITLES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Thanks. If Olive does do a box, please include Captain Carey USA.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Sands Of Iwo Jima was shown on Channel 4 HD this week, it didn't look that great, i wondered if it was SD upscaled, that sometimes happens with Channel 4 screenings but it was listed in the guide as being HD, certainly some other classics from around the same time period have looked much better, i sure hope the Olive release is of higher quality.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im going to order The Big Combo if its in stock at Amazon. I did order it from Import CDs but this title has me anxious ! :)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well Import CDs has the Big Combo and Plunder Road so we'll just say that another internet rumor was false :)

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Amazon has Plunder Road for sale but won't ship for 9-11 days. While i preordered The Big Combo, it has not shipped yet, while The Americano i preordered, has, so there is some problem. Shack Out on 101 is delayed indefinately.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
David Steigman said:
I called Import CDs and my order should be shipping today hopefully
Import CDs have today sent me an email confirming they have 75 copies of The Big Combo in stock. They'll be allocated on a "first come, first served" basis. I've preordered so I should be safe.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mine have shipped - both Big Combo and Plunder Road...now I can relax.
When I called them they told me that they get fined if they ship before the release date...that's a new one !

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
davidHartzog said:
Amazon has Plunder Road for sale but won't ship for 9-11 days. While i preordered The Big Combo, it has not shipped yet, while The Americano i preordered, has, so there is some problem. Shack Out on 101 is delayed indefinately.
Import CDs e-mailed me that The Big Combo, Plunder Road and Shack Out on 101 were shipped today. Of course, I probably won't receive them until next week. I ordered them the first day that they were accepting pre-orders.

I wonder what the relationship is between Olive and Import CDs. Somehow they manage to sell Olive BDs for $10 less than Amazon, even after factoring in shipping.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
I received an email today from Amazon that Big Combo is on its way. I ordered Plunder Road from another company through Amazon, that is also on its way. I guess. What a pain.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
davidHartzog said:
I received an email today from Amazon that Big Combo is on its way. I ordered Plunder Road from another company through Amazon, that is also on its way. I guess. What a pain.
I received The Big Combo, The Americano, Guest Wife and The Fighting Kentuckian from Amazon today.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I received The Big Combo, The Americano, Guest Wife and The Fighting Kentuckian from Amazon today.
I am curious to read your (or any other HTF member's) impressions of the Blu-ray of The Big Combo.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Walter Kittel said:
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]I am curious to read your (or any other HTF member's) impressions of the Blu-ray of The Big Combo.[/color]

- Walter.
I'm going to try and sit down later today to watch the BD in its entirety.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon is showing Shack Out On 101 unavailable so I cancel that title and ordered it from importCDS along with Plunder Road. Both shipped today.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Hey Crawdaddy, nobody else mentioned it either, but I'm especially surprised you have not mentioned it, what about Ambush at Cimarron Pass?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dave B Ferris said:
Hey Crawdaddy, nobody else mentioned it either, but I'm especially surprised you have not mentioned it, what about Ambush at Cimarron Pass?
Looks like that title got delayed until November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks