What's new

Directors Comic book movies YOU want to see (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The heck with Catwoman, I wanna see Mockingbird (used to be Green Arrow's gal) starring Naomi Watts.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
- Iron Man
- Grendel (Word is this is actually being developed. Im sure itll be in Development Hell forever and go nowhere)
- Conan
- Sandman
- Death The High Cost Of Living
- Powerman & Iron Fist (Set in the 70s)
- X-Men 3,4,5
- Fantastic Four
- Superman
- Wonder Woman
- Watchmen
- Ronin
- Moonshadow

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Dr. Strange
Grendel
Groo
Sin City
Batman - The Killing Joke

I forget the name but a galatic ruler who's an alligator rides around in a giant mobile skyscraper

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Watchmen
Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum

I think Iron Man is being developed. Rumor has it that Tom Cruise wants the part as does Nick Cage.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
X3 - As long as Singer is back on board

Batman - Dark Knight Returns (this'll never get made but one can wish) Elements of this story were very influential on Verhoeven's Robocop so at least I have that.

Fantastic Four - If done right (Dr Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, the Negative Zone, ah the numerous plotlines :) )

Iron Man - ditto

The Watchmen - I'm not holding my breath

Dr Strange - see FF & Iron Man

Ronin would be interesting though Miller was influenced by Lone Wolf & Cub Manga. Since the LW&C films are making it out on DVD, I'm satisfied.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to second (or third) - Batman: The Killing Joke

I also think that there's quite a bit of potential left in a (properly done) Superman revival movie. IMO, they would have to incorporate cameos from other DC heroes into the movie, such as Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, et al. This is a killer property and it's amazing that Warner has let it lie dormant so long.

Other than those two:

The Fantastic Four -- I think CGI effects have progressed to the point where this project is now feasible from both a technical and cost perspective. Within the confines of the movie, give us some Silver Surfer, Hulk (might as well; that series is probably dead), and perhaps even Spider-Man cameos!

And let's have lots more X-MEN and Spider-Man movies!!!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
One of the most cerebral comic books ever. Not void of any emotion though. Just well written stuff:

Silver Surfer

in agreement with:

Sandman

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Yeah, I recently picked up the two Silver Surfer Marvel Masterworks volumes. Great stuff!

I'd forgotten about Ronin. Might be cool as an animated feature.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I'd love to see Iron Man or War Machine made into a movie.

In X3, I'd love to see more of Jubilee, and the Beast. It would be great as well if they included a sequence involving the "Danger Room".

Also, I doubt this will be in Spider-Man 2, but hopefully in the third edition I'd love to see Venom and Carnage brought in. The cartoon show (don't really read many comics) did a very good job with Venom. I think it would be better on the big screen.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I'd like to see a GOOD "Judge Dredd" movie...preferably featuring Naomi Watts as Anderson.

Will we ever get "Watchmen"?

I keep hearing about a possible "Shazam!" movie, and I have high hopes they'll do The Big Red Cheese justice this time (unlike the 70's Saturday morning TV show of my youth).

James T

Screenwriter
Probably had such a large impact, that they got Frank Miller to write the script for Robocop 2. And we all know how that turned out.

I'd like to see Nightwing and a teenaged Robin come on the big screen.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I'd love to see a movie based on Brian Michael Bendis' Alias. The last two storylines on the book, "The Secret Origin of Jessica Jones" and "Purple", would be wonderful to see in the hands of a stylish director. Of course, they would have to change the name of the movie, for obvious reasons.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I'd love to see a movie based on Brian Michael Bendis' Alias. The last two storylines on the book, "The Secret Origin of Jessica Jones" and "Purple", would be wonderful to see in the hands of a stylish director. Of course, they would have to change the name of the movie, for obvious reasons.

BretWeaver

Stunt Coordinator
Iron man / war machine would be awesome... How about some darker comic book movies? Venom (spiderman 3?), shadowhawk, the savage dragon, or cable.

BretWeaver

Stunt Coordinator
Iron man / war machine would be awesome... How about some darker comic book movies? Venom (spiderman 3?), shadowhawk, the savage dragon, or cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks