What's new

Comic Book Movies: Hollywood's New Westerns (1 Viewer)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I thought Fox was making a Silver Surfer film, as he was the only bright spot in an otherwise dreadful FF movie. I assume that project has been shelved?

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
"Silver Surfer" is still "in development", but doesn't seem to be a big priority for the studio right now. Rumor has it that the studio has had a tough time putting together a workable shooting script. Plus, this will be an expensive movie given that the title character will be 100% CGI. It may be quite some time (if ever) before we see a "Silver Surfer" movie.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
It's funny how big their plans suddenly grow, but all it will take is one flop and then suddenly they'll start downsizing them again. I'll never understand how the studios can repeat this pattern again and again indefinitely.

I fairly expect Wolverine to open softer than expected. Not necessarily low, but they're expectations just aren't realistic.

Daredevil reboot? haven't heard anything about it. Daredevil was more successful than Ghost Rider by any measure so it'd be a shame if they actually made a sequel to GR. Per chance will DD be another Marvel production, or is it still in Fox's hands?

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
"Daredevil" is in Fox's hands. A lot of Marvel's properties are at either Fox (x-Men characters, Daredevil, Fantastic Four) or Sony (Spider-Man, Ghost Rider), while Marvel has a distribution deal with Paramount on their (Marvel's) productions. Blade is housed at WB (through New Line), while Punisher is at Lionsgate. Lionsgate also holds the video rights to animated Marvel properties. Marvel Studios currently have the film rights to Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk (distributed through Universal), Ant-Man, and Thor.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
"Iron Man 2" and "The Avengers" news...

Exclusive Scoop: The Player May Join Stark Industries - Movie News - Latest Movie Reviews and trailers

Exclusive Scoop: The Player May Join Stark Industries

By El Mayimbe on December 17, 2008

El Mayimbe here...
Got a new source and even though it is a tad bit late at night to double check, he passed my prelimanary source check and besides I figured this scoop is too damn hot to wait till morning. Anyway, we all need a jodido break from all these corny whack ass Batman 3 casting rumors.

Ya'll want some real Superhero casting news of the Marvel variety?

How about this!

From what I'm told, Tim Robbins is going to be playing Howard Stark in an important flashback sequence that is going to set up the Avengers and Captain America films. Jon [Favreau] wanted to get a good actor because he didn't think the guy who played Howard in the last film could carry such an important scene.

Makes sense to me because Howard Stark would be around the time of the Captain America Super Soldier experiment.
That is not all, check this out...

I'm also told that HAWKEYE and BLACK WIDOW are definitely in Iron Man 2 and they wont be cameos either.

You guys want to take this as a rumor due to the timing then it's all good with me till further notice.

Stay tuned as more develops and Happy Holidays folks!

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
AICN article on upcoming Marvel slate...

New Spy spilling on MARVEL projects? Let's look and see... -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

-Avengers is delayed a year because of financing issues but also because the plan is for Favreau to helm it. Everybody here loves the guy and he wants to do it, but it would have been impossible for him to do before the date change given his Iron Man 2 commitments. Also partly the reason why he agreed to do the Stark sequel on such an accelerated schedule was so he could get given first dibs on this. It would still be a punishing schedule for him, so hes not firmly confirmed yet, but he is certainly the presumptive director at this point.

- Iron Man starts rehearsals in a few days, which is why the casting is finally coming together so quickly.

-Alexander Skargard is indeed Branagh’s favorite to play Thor as some sites are reporting. If all goes well and it happens then we hope to get Stellan Skarsgard for Odin (though at present Odin is only a very small cameo part in this movie).

-Loki will probably be played by Hartnett, if his pay negotiations work out. All the commentary about him wanting to do a Ledger and play a villain is B.S. though – WE APPROACHED HARTNETT because Branagh’s a big fan of the Othello adaptation O where Hartnett played Iago who is very similar character wise to how he sees Loki.

- Fox is serious about doing remakes of Daredvil and FF. They have to make new movies with these characters every few years because otherwise the options will revert to us. This point is kinda obvious but Im not sure people realise it –I havent seen anybody pointing it out anywhere. The mood around here is pretty negative about Rothman’s potential to execute these properties properly, (Im sure you know why it might be particularly negative at the moment) but we are all hoping his recent promotion will mean hes kept away from direct control of these movies.

Call me Fuzzy Dunlop

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks