What's new

Comedian mitch hedberg passes away? (1 Viewer)

Todd K

Second Unit
I just called the Baltimore Improv, where he's supposed to perform tonight, and they said that his manager will be giving an official report at 2 o'clock pm today.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
This is sad. I just saw his show a few weeks ago. I have to say he looked in pretty bad shape that night. I've seen him several times and the last two his act was pretty bad. Very incoherent.

Also saw this in the USA Today Hip Clicks column:

Remembering a funnyman: This morning Howard Stern announced that comedian Mitch Hedberg, a frequent guest on The Howard Stern Show and a favorite on college campuses, has died at age 37. A spokesman for Hedberg's agent just confirmed to me that it's true.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I first heard his act 4 years ago. One of the only genuinely fresh comics out there. A genious in his own way.

Sad... 37 years old. Wonder what did it to him? If he's following in the traditions of comics past... it was drugs, and it wouldn't be a surprise either.

I listened to his album from the Laugh Stop this morning when I showed up at work in memory.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
I just read on another message board that it was a drug overdose, which would not surprise me. Especially after seeing him that last time.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I really regret not seeing him when I had the chance. i also thought That 70's Show missed a great opportunity when Chong went in the slammer to feature Mitch more (he worked at the Hub behind the counter in at least one episode).

Todd K

Second Unit
I'm still not 100% convinced -- if you do a google news search for Mitch Hedberg, there is a news story posted 4 minutes AFTER the obituary that is just a bio piece on him and makes no mention of his death. Weird!

However, the Baltimore Improv site now has no reference to Mitch whatsoever. Any ticket holders here been informed of anything?

I have tickets to the Saturday night show at the Improv in Baltimore. No one answered when I tried calling, nor is there a recording.

Mitch has been a long time favorite of mine. I always get tickets when he comes to town and it never gets old. It's a shame more people haven't heard of him... he's one of the all time best.

He will be missed.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" - Mitch Hedberg

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, I heard about it this morning from Howard Stern, truly sad news, he was hilarious.

"I like escalator's. Escalator's are one of the few things that can't break down. When an escalator breaks down...it becomes steps." -Mitch Hedberg.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
This is sad news. I wasn't his biggest fan but I know my buddies are. They are going to have a sad night, tonight.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
luckily I was able to see him live a few years ago, I didn't get to catch him on the com. cen. tour with dave attel and lewis black though :frowning:

I stopped by Best Buy last night and picked up his latest CD, "Mitch Altogether." Included was a DVD with an uncut version of his Comedy Central special. The special that actually aired was cut to hell! The entire vibe of the show was lost after all the editing.

He starts off bombing pretty badly, which you don't see on TV because lots of bogus laughs are added. Mitch comments extensively about his jokes not working but winds up with the crowd in his back pocket by shows end. At one point he announces, "My special is now over, but I'm going to tell a few more so they can be edited in! My special is going to be all cut up and shit! It's not going to be smooth." Then the foul language starts flying and we get to see some real vintage Mitch. No resemblence to what aired on TV. Hilarous stuff.

I would highly suggest to any fan of Mitch to go grab a copy.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Comedy Central reran his show last night and tacked on a short obituary notice at the end. He will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks