What's new

Columbia Jan catalog-including Barney Miller S1,Dilbert & Critic series sets,Superbit (1 Viewer)

jonathan_little

Stunt Coordinator
Umm, why give Annie a DTS track and then crop the image to 1.33:1? I watched this film in pan and scan for the last time on the Disney channel a few months ago.

I hope that the DVDAnswers site is incorrect.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I am officially ticked off. A Panavision film previously available on laser and DVD in the proper aspect ration (and 16x9 in the latter), now in a "special" edition in pan and scan, with extras that wouldn't impress a small child.

"It's the hard-knock life for us,
It's the hard-knock life for us,
'Stead of treated we get tricked,
'Stead of kisses we get kicked,
It's the hard-knock life!"

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody think this scene will be cut from the Siskel and Ebert episode on the Critic?
I doubt it. Siskel was appearing as himself here, so he was obviously okay with the material. That should mute any criticism of it being it bad taste.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Too bad about "Annie" but a real special edition would be welcome:

widescreen

Original 1982 documentary which aired on PBS at the time of the opening: "Lights, Camera, Annie"

Origially shot songs (Different staging/concept from actual film: "Easy Street" "Never Fully Dressed" "Maybe"

Original opening (Follows Broadway show concept with Annie escaping)

Many interviews/ Radio City premiere
History on Broadway show etc

Maybe....tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks