What's new

Columbia House Deals (1 Viewer)

Dan M~

Second Unit
What current club deals are available with Columbia House? I need to pick up the last few seasons of Babylon 5, and need one heck of a deal in order to afford them!

Thanks,

John Gido

Second Unit
I normally don't like to refer users to other message boards, and I'm not sure how the Mods feel about it, but DVDTalk has a whole DVD Clubs section that covers CH in great detail.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
Columbia House is about the most expensive place to shop for tv shows on dvd.I have been a member for a few years.I am about to write them off as they just changed their "fun cash" policy in April and you can no longer get tv show sets for free using your fun cash.They will only allow you to use a certain amount towards the cost. It really ticks me off as this was the reason I joined them in the first place and this was their marketing ploy to get you to join them.

rick bie

Stunt Coordinator
I was a member of Columbia house and was thinking of rejoining them until I discovered that their website doesn't tell you what version or edition their titles are, I checked with them about it and their reply was you have to contact them to find out which version they are selling . I know when I had first joined up you could click on the title and get a description of the movie.
:frowning:

Daniel_Hall

Auditioning
I tried out the dv2 club that Columbia House started last year . They've dropped the name, but I do believe you can still get the benefits.

According to the website, there is an initial one-time access fee of $9.95. But then you automatically get two free DVDs (probably from a small selection as when I started DV2, but still an ok deal). But, after that, you get at least 40% off retail prices. Now, for single DVDs, the deal may be better than regular store prices, but not as good as most store prices (i.e. first week of release). But, for multi-disc sets, including TV on DVD...it's a pretty good deal. I usually save $10 a box set (paying $35.99 for Gilmore Girls, Smallville, etc.). However, the only issue I have with the club is that they don't have everything (i.e. Fox box sets). But, I have definantly got my $10 worth back plus a lot more.

I checked on the Babylon 5 and they have each season for $59.99. That's $20 cheaper than what Best Buy or Amazon has on their websites. You get free shipping as well...so you're already saving $20 a piece (making a savings of $100 for the 5 seasons they have listed). With free shipping on top of that, it seems like a pretty good deal, even if you don't buy anything else.

By the way, the address is ch dot com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks