What's new

Colour fluctuations on Sony XBR CRT (1 Viewer)

I am hoping someone here can ease my concerns or help me determine what is wrong or what to do.
Recently while watching TV (cable signal) I have noticed a strange colour fluctuation about twice an hour (no recognizable pattern or timing, just an estimate). It is difficult to describe, but basically the picture appears to have a wave of red and green pass over the screen, it usually only last a few seconds, and there is no other change in the picture. I am hoping that it is not a problem with the TV, but whatever it is I would like it to stop. Could it be caused by power fluctuations, or a weak cable signal? I live in a high-rise condo, so power fluctuations are common, but have never caused a problem before (been in the same place for over a year). I recently had a HDTV cable box, which I demoed for 2 months, but I returned it about 3 weeks ago. Last night I had the PIP on and noticed the effect, but it only appeared in one of the pictures. I left the TV unplugged last week for a while in the hopes that it would reset something, but the problem persists. I think my next move is to call the cable company, but I would love to hear any other thoughts, suggestions or similar experiences.
Thanks,
Brian.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
the power could be the problem
last year i was having problems until i bought a ups and they went away
how much do you have on that circuit? 20amps is nothing with big amps and a crt tv.

most ups are made for computers and have features you dont need. Tripp lite i found had ones suitable for HT
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks