What's new

Colors (1 Viewer)

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
I’ve been thinking about picking up the current release of this movie and was curious to know if anyone has it and what he or she thinks of the transfer.

My local B&M store has it for $10 or $12 so it’s not a major amount of cash to add it to my collection. On the other hand if it’s barely better then VHS I’ll pass.

Any word if a newer version is coming out?

Thanks
Frank

Carrol Jo

Grip
I can't comment in any depth on the transfer, since my setup isn't reference quality; though I will say it looks much better than the old VHS edition I had. For what it's worth, the disc is o.a.r. and anamorphic.

One thing I do want to point out is that the version on the DVD is the 120m theatrical version, whereas the old VHS's were the 127m director's cut. (Interesting that we got shafted in exactly the same way on another Dennis Hopper movie on DVD recently: Backtrack.)

I for one hope this title is revisited and given the treatment it deserves, but I find it unlikely we'll see a re-release anytime soon.

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
It's difficult to arrive at any kind of formula as to which title gets redone.

I guess it's unlikely that the studio would revisit this title since it's not a mainstream release. That's to bad since I've always considered it gritty and a little off center in terms of subject matter.

There was another gang type movie a while back with Lawrence Fishburne. I don’t recall the title, but it explores his battle at keeping his kids off the street and out of gangs even though he lives in the middle of it. Very graphic.

Anyone??

Frank

Mitty

Supporting Actor
There was another gang type movie a while back with Lawrence Fishburne.
Boyz N the Hood. A brilliant movie.
The transfer on Colors is OK, not bad, not great, but serviceable. Even mentioning VHS in the same breath is unjustified, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks