What's new

Colored bar on my Sony KE-42XBR900...please help??? (1 Viewer)

Pkepneriv

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Colored bar on my Sony KE-42XBR900 Hey guy if anyone has any advice or words of wisdom that would be great. I have a Sony KE-42XBR900 plasma tv. It has been working great. Just within thE last week it developed a blue and red colored bar about and inch wide on the right side of the screen about three inches from the side. Does anyone know what might cause this and if it is something that I could repair? If not do you know what it might cost to repair? Thanks, Paul

tv-tech

Grip
Real Name
Jim Murphy
It "could" be a bad connection between the panel control / logic PCB and the x-buffers (bottom). Can you post a picture? Good luck, Jim

Pkepneriv

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Here is what the TV looks like when it is turned on. It looks like this no matter what input it is on. Hope this helps. I would love to get it repaired. It is a great TV. Does anyone know if it is something I could do and if so where to get directions for the procedure? Thanks, Paul

tv-tech

Grip
Real Name
Jim Murphy
Yes, that is either a bad connection from the logic/ panel control to the X-buffer. Or X-buffer to the panel. Or bad Logic pcb, x-buffer, or panel. The way I isolate that is re-seat all the above connectors and take it from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks