What's new

College Setup (1 Viewer)

Justin Oldershausen

Auditioning
I just arrived at my college and now I want to set up a sound system. I don't really need a dvd player since I plan to connect my computer to it and play dvd's on my computer and watch them on my monitor. However, I have been looking at a good cd player. I have been considering the NAD C521i but it is pretty hard to find. Then I also need a receiver, two speakers, and a subwoofer. I only think I will be getting two speakers because I don't see any place to put the other two. Any suggestions on what I should buy would be great. My budget is around $700-800 btw.

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
first of all...do you have a roommate? does he like the music you like? if not...nice headphones would be a good idea.

but for a stereo...you seem to have the idea. Nad and Cambridge audio components look to be the best way to go for ya. Their budget integrated amps and cd players would work very well.

www.audioadvisor.com has cambridge gear.

if you can find this equipment used...great! go for it!
check www.audiogon.com as well as the for sale section here...

as for speakers...the Ascend Acoustics CBM-170s would be excellent!

well, that should pretty much fill up your budget (unless you buy used)...

if you do have some money left over...a good place to spend it would be on the new Parts Express 10" 100 watt sub...it's only $125 and is one of the best subs under $300

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks