What's new

Collateral Damage release date??? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I was very excited about this film. It looked like Arnold was back to his old ways. Any word on when this is supposed to be released? Is it ever going to be released?
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Keep in mind that Collateral Damage translates to Civilian Deaths. This was supposed to come out in December, I think. But since 911, it has been postponed indefinately. Probably for a while since this is a terrorist movie dealing with buildings and the like.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
I read an article somewhere on Yahoo today that Arnold expects it to be out in Feb.

Hubert

Second Unit
I think Arnold's dreaming. I don't expect this anytime soon. And when it does come out, I expect bomb city. I just don't see people flocking to see this movie. I was excited about it until 9/11. Now I have no desire to see it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So, which do you think will see the light of day first - Collateral Damage or The Sum Of All Fears?

Hubert

Second Unit
Hmm, don't know about Sum of all Fears. My guess would be SOAF. Collateral Damage just hits way too close to home. I even said that I wouldn't be surprised if they eat that movie and just kill it. I don't think that will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. In the end, they're gonna eat it anyway, because I don't think anyone will go see it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't know - from what I gather, despite changing everything else, they kept the centerpiece of Clancy's book, where Spoiler:a small nuclear bomb is detonated at the Super Bowl.
I gather Paramount has already taken it off the schedule and really doesn't know what to do with it.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Don't expect to see Nosebleed either--Jackie Chan's new movie. It will have to be completely reworked.
I can't imagine that Collateral Damage will bomb. After all it is about man who's family is killed by terrorist and then he goes and kicks some terrorist butt.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Hubert

Second Unit
Well, doesn't matter. People at this point in time, nor anytime in the near future have any desire to see people being killed by a terrorist. Bomb city. I was very interested in it, but not after Sept. 11.
As for Sum of All Fears, if that's what the movie is about, then you're probably never going to see that sucker. Detonating a nuclear device at the Super Bowl, please. I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to put that movie out after Sept. 11.
I change my stance. After hearing about Sum of All Fears, you're far more likely to see Collateral Damage first.

Warner Brothers has set February 8, 2002, as the new release date for Collateral Damage.
There's lots of more news over at Link Removed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks