Collateral Damage release date???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I was very excited about this film. It looked like Arnold was back to his old ways. Any word on when this is supposed to be released? Is it ever going to be released?
    ------------------
    "I'm your Huckelberry"

2. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

3. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
  4. Rob_C

Rob_C Stunt Coordinator

I read an article somewhere on Yahoo today that Arnold expects it to be out in Feb.

5. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

Yeah, today's Washington Post also quoted Arnold as saying it would be out in February.
    - Guy

6. Hubert

Hubert Second Unit

I think Arnold's dreaming. I don't expect this anytime soon. And when it does come out, I expect bomb city. I just don't see people flocking to see this movie. I was excited about it until 9/11. Now I have no desire to see it.

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

So, which do you think will see the light of day first - Collateral Damage or The Sum Of All Fears?

8. Hubert

Hubert Second Unit

Hmm, don't know about Sum of all Fears. My guess would be SOAF. Collateral Damage just hits way too close to home. I even said that I wouldn't be surprised if they eat that movie and just kill it. I don't think that will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. In the end, they're gonna eat it anyway, because I don't think anyone will go see it.

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I don't know - from what I gather, despite changing everything else, they kept the centerpiece of Clancy's book, where Spoiler:a small nuclear bomb is detonated at the Super Bowl.
    I gather Paramount has already taken it off the schedule and really doesn't know what to do with it.

10. Dominik Droscher

Dominik Droscher Supporting Actor

Well, I don't suspect that we will ever see an "Executive Orders" movie. The parallels are frightening.

11. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

Don't expect to see Nosebleed either--Jackie Chan's new movie. It will have to be completely reworked.
    I can't imagine that Collateral Damage will bomb. After all it is about man who's family is killed by terrorist and then he goes and kicks some terrorist butt.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Adrian Jones

12. Hubert

Hubert Second Unit

Well, doesn't matter. People at this point in time, nor anytime in the near future have any desire to see people being killed by a terrorist. Bomb city. I was very interested in it, but not after Sept. 11.
    As for Sum of All Fears, if that's what the movie is about, then you're probably never going to see that sucker. Detonating a nuclear device at the Super Bowl, please. I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to put that movie out after Sept. 11.
    I change my stance. After hearing about Sum of All Fears, you're far more likely to see Collateral Damage first.

13. UlfKristensson

Warner Brothers has set February 8, 2002, as the new release date for Collateral Damage.
    There's lots of more news over at Cyberdyne Systems!