What's new

ColecoVision: Any clue as to value? (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I have a BUNCHA games for this system AND the banned Atari adapter...just found it all in my basement. Anyone here know about the value and market for this stuff?
Thanks in advance
------------------
"The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
David Manning-Critic

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Scooter,
"Retro-gaming" has become increasingly poplar in recent years, and a ColecoVision in good working order with the "right" games can fetch a decent buck from certain collectors. I suggest you check out the Yahoo! Link Removed , I'm sure there is someone there who can help you to put a value on your system.
BTW, the Atari adapter was never "banned" as far as I know. Coleco reached a financial agreement to pay royalties to Atari shortly after the device was released.
Cheers!
Gary
------------------

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Thanks for the info...gonna check that club out.
I was in retail when the ColecoVision was introduced...and my rep asked for the Atari adapters back when Coleco lost against Atari. Of course...I had "sold" every adapter in stock!
wink.gif

------------------
David Manning-Critic

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not so sure about the banned thing either, but I can give you an idea what the stuff goes for. The system itself, if working properly and in good cosmetic shape should fetch $30-40. The Atari adapter 10-15. The games really depend on what titles you have. Commons are worth about $1, but some rarer titles go for over $100.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
How "banned" could it be, since Coleco later came out with "Gemini", an Atari-compatible standalone system?

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Coleco lost an infringemnet case to Atari over the adapter and it was recalled. The Gemini came about as a result of a licensing agreement between the 2.
------------------
David Manning-Critic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks