What's new

Code Red DVD (distributor of cult, horror and obscure films) (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm guessing it's got something to do with the guy running the show at CR having been involved in some kind of accident, details of which haven't been made available. It was originally scheduled to be released in March of this year. There are also rumors that Code Red's distributor (Navarre) is closing shop. Of course, knowing how "eccentric" that dude is, all of this could very well be hogwash.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Suggestion for possible release on DVD by Code Red:

Blood Voyage (1976).

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
I'd certainly be content if they rescued and released The Slavers (1984) from obscurity;
From IMDb:
Jim Carmody responds to a newspaper ad concerning a reward for information on the whereabouts of a missing woman, Sharon Dalby. Jim eventually comes to discover that Sharon has been kidnapped by a deranged Professor and his sexually deviant assistants and is being held captive in a remote country retreat. The Professor has developed a scheme whereby young women are kidnapped, raped and tortured, subjected to drugs and subsequently brainwashed to obey commands before being sold for sexual slavery.
Canadian Horror is always an experience to discover :)

codereddvd

Auditioning
Real Name
bill olsen
elDomenechHTF said:
I'm guessing it's got something to do with the guy running the show at CR having been involved in some kind of accident, details of which haven't been made available. It was originally scheduled to be released in March of this year. There are also rumors that Code Red's distributor (Navarre) is closing shop. Of course, knowing how "eccentric" that dude is, all of this could very well be hogwash.
thank you for your insulting in my injury I am currenly battling. It shows your true color toward others people in pain.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Bill, I love Code Red and have bought probably 70% of the titles you guys release.
I even bought 'Doom Asylum'. I thought the releases for Slithis, The Redeemer, The Visitor were pretty fantastic. The release of 'Madman' you guys did was waaay better than the Anchor Bay version.
How are you doing? Is Ghostkeeper still on for Feb/March?

codereddvd

Auditioning
Real Name
bill olsen
SWFF said:
Bill, what's going on with GHOSTKEEPER? 
I received the extra the director made, but for some reason it was in a wrong frame rate (?) and everything moved funny. I would let them work on it to get it fixed, but currently I got a s/he who calls itself Kevin King-The Slayer post stuff about code red released is delayed as usual (this kind of piss me off since I have been on schedule alot) and how bad s/he wants the release now. All this nasty post this indivisual is doing, I'll just release with the error and move on. It's only the extra, not the movie.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Bill, roughly how long would it take to correct the frame rate for the DVD extra for Ghostkeeper? The film is the important thing, but any possible extras for this release would be welcome. Will there be a trailer included as well?

codereddvd

Auditioning
Real Name
bill olsen
WaveCrest said:
Bill, roughly how long would it take to correct the frame rate for the DVD extra for Ghostkeeper? The film is the important thing, but any possible extras for this release would be welcome. Will there be a trailer included as well?
According of handful of ghostkeepr trolls they don't want to wait. It'll come out without that much work since insult is all I am getting beyond offensive. as for trailer, it probably wasn't made since the right owner didn't have it, and I had to find the 35mm print since they didn't have it. All this insult, I got a feeling this will not sell just as poor as NIGHTMARE. Ones that sells is the ones that does not have noisy trolls.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Bill, has any work started yet on The Hearse (1980)? This is one of the titles coming soon which I'm most looking forward to.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Calling loyal customers names like 'trolls", even vocal and opinionated ones, is really, really, um, bad. Imagine Donald Trump calling residents of his apartment towers "rich assholes" to their faces or Bob Barker looking into the camera during a taping of The Price Is Right and telling viewers to "get off their lazy asses and get jobs". It's just not right. I'm not going to stop buying Code Red DVDs because the owner can't take criticism and calls his customers trolls but I will certainly not cease to voice my opinion about the product if I feel the need to. Rest assured I will also continue to heap praise on the many great releases as they come along, just as I have been doing on public forums like this one and through private messages. Over and out.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I basically agree but in all fairness, there are trolls on the internet. I took the post to be referring to the morons who rant and dictate the business of the company when they know absolutely nothing about it rather than people who voice a critical but rational opinion.

codereddvd

Auditioning
Real Name
bill olsen
elDomenechHTF said:
Calling loyal customers names like 'trolls", even vocal and opinionated ones, is really, really, um, bad. Imagine Donald Trump calling residents of his apartment towers "rich assholes" to their faces or Bob Barker looking into the camera during a taping of The Price Is Right and telling viewers to "get off their lazy asses and get jobs". It's just not right. I'm not going to stop buying Code Red DVDs because the owner can't take criticism and calls his customers trolls but I will certainly not cease to voice my opinion about the product if I feel the need to. Rest assured I will also continue to heap praise on the many great releases as they come along, just as I have been doing on public forums like this one and through private messages. Over and out.
I can take criticism, but not from large amount of trolls saying "night of the demon should not have a bimbo on the cover, and should have reversable cover". the dvd has reversable cover, so the large amount of complainers are jerks. They do not buy dvd. the name trolls is a very kind word compare to some of garbage they call me (especially what they call Maria Kanellis).
BTW, I woke up with major pain due to injury and all I can think about was the post you made. Over and out.

codereddvd

Auditioning
Real Name
bill olsen
TravisR said:
^ I basically agree but in all fairness, there are trolls on the internet. I took the post to be referring to the morons who rant and dictate the business of the company when they know absolutely nothing about it rather than people who voice a critical but rational opinion.
Yes, like some people say "dvd companies do not advertised and promote so this is why they are going out of business". well, media-Blasters rarely advertise, but they keep the price $19.99 and not $25 or $30 like others and DarkSky spend tons of Money advertising and they are both is trouble. It's tough economic times and people rather burn than buys. By the way, check the other message board and code red blog, you'll see those nasty post. click on the nasty post dude and you'll see nothing but nasty post about code red for years. See who s/he is friend with on facebook and myspace and you'll see who s/he is working with and you'll realize the s/he is a troll.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Bill, I apologize for the comment I made - it was insensitive and inappropriate. I wish you a speedy recovery. I will also say that I have most of your DVDs and they are among the crown jewels in my collection! I'm about to watch RITUALS again - for the third time.
I just read on the CR blog that the label had plans to release TWISTED NIGHTMARE and DEMON WIND but couldn't find the negatives. That's too bad - perhaps they'll locate a useable print and put out one of those "as is" discs, which would be better than nothing IMO.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Decided recently to get Rituals (1977). Had been meaning to get it for a long while, waiting for it to appear on Amazon.com (did get it from DeepDiscount, but had to return it due to the case and DVD sleeve being damaged). Got it from Planet Axel. and despite there being a crease on the rear boxart, am glad I've finally got this Code Red title.

Another Code Red title I've been mulling over whether to get or not, is the documentary Derby (1971).

Would like to wish Bill a speedy recovery and that he is back to full health soon.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Brent S said:
../../295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks/240#post_3892573
Bill from Code Red actually looked into SAVAGE INTRUDER, but the problem is only a video master can be found by the rights owner (no film elements). So, it's a no-go until film elements can be found. ../../../img/vbsmilies/htf/frown.gif
NOTE: Quoted posts above are post's 241 and 242 on page 9 of the main Scorpion Releasing thread.

Never heard of the film Savage Intruder (1970). But this is one of the things about films I like to read and find out about, films I've never heard of. Another vote for this title.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ghostkeeper: 30th Anniversary Edition (1981) is available to buy, from an Amazon.com Marketplace seller (for $24.99, plus $2.98 for shipping) and directly from Bill Olsen (Code Red) by emailing '[email protected]' through PayPal. The price is $21 (including postage) for the US, $24 for Canada and $25 (including postage) for overseas. Read about this on AV Maniacs.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Ghostkeeper is more of suspensful psycholgical horror film rather than a typical slasher. It is very slow paced, but filmed wonderfully.
It is in my opinion closer to 'The Shining', and 'Psycho' than a 'Friday The 13Th' movie.
Not really what I was expecting, but I'm glad to add it to my horror movie collection. Code Red did a great job on this one.
I give it a B+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks