What's new

Coaxial to RCA adapter? (1 Viewer)

Tony Gibbons

Auditioning
I have a bunch of coaxial cable, f-pin style connectors, and a tool to crimp the connectors.

I want to make component cables out of the coaxial for the long run to my projector. I don't know where I can get RCA style connectors that my crimping tool would work with so I was thinking I could just get adapters.

Does anyone know where I can get some reasonably good quality adapters, hopefully for cheap?

Thanks!

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
www.partsexpress.com has some crimp on RCAs for RG6 cable, which I have used an am happy with. IIRC they are $1.80 in largish quantities, alittle more in singles. There is also a good variety of solder on RCAs which would fit on RG59 cable, but you'd want to make sure you had bare copper center conductor as well as bare copper braid or the solder connection will not be very good.

If you do a search here and in the DIY forum on DIY cable I'm sure you'll find lots of info on different connectors.

BTW, if the run to your projector is long (say 25 feet or so) you might want to consider buying some high quality cable (such as Belden 1694A or something from Canare) while you're at it. I don't know what your existing cable is made of, but I'd hazard to guess that if it was prepackaged with F connectors attached it's not up to the quality of something like 1694A. I purchased a 500ft spool of 1694A for $.24 cents awhile back, and consider a great investment, not just for the cables I have made so far but those I will undoubtedly make in the future.

Good Luck :)
-- Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks