What's new

CMT 340's + what receiver? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Luis

With all due respect, I have owned HK separates going back about 27 years (not problem free), and have read a lot about various models, including the HK8000 which I almost bought. It had noise problems. I have read extensively on the AVS forum for 3-4 years, and I have seen far more issues with HK receivers than I have with Denon. Now I have a 64 pound Denon 5803A that is rated at 390 watts X 2 @ 2 ohms, dynamic power.

GaryPL

Agent
I'm not sure what Ohms Law has to do with anything here.
The numbers matchup fine.

I'm surprised at you Luis, I usually don't see that kind of thing from ya.

Peace

muzz

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
I didnt mean to be rude or anything just that some times it bothers me when people generalize like if I were to say Evga sucks because my first and only card from them was a lemon. I know there are quite a few reports on HK but I dont think its bad enough as to state we must avoid them at all cost.
Again, I didnt mean to sound rude so I apologize if it came thru like that.
Regards

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Luis

That's all right. You didn't come across as rude. I know about pride of ownership. Please have happy holidays.

I am always interested in what you have to say.

Art

GaryPL

Agent
It's cool Luis, I just have never seen you that aggravated before, and I see you everywhere!!!

Happy Holidays,

muzz

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
LOL You should have seen me before in the pc forums!
I learned that it makes no sense to get crazy here so I am normally able to remain cool :)

GaryPL

Agent

I know all about that, I used to butt heads on the very same forums.....
I don't bother with that kinda fanboy stuff anymore.
Use what ya think is good, and enjoy it!!

Happy Holidays,

muzz

fibreKid

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I am a current owner of the 340s (classic not SE) across the front, HTM200s for the rears (5.1) with a Denon 3805 for power. The room is 16x14x8.5 with two large openings into the rest of the house. I've equalized my sub and used REW to take multiple sound measurements in my "want to be home" theater. I can't listen to a movie any louder than -14. Anything louder just drives you out of the room, it becomes so loud you can't focus on the picture you are trying to watch. 46" DLP.
My point is if you have a room near to what I have don't too hung up on watts. With a speaker rated 90dB @ 1 watt @ 1 meter it doesn't take too much. :)

The Audioholics web site has a review of the 3805 page 10 that describes a wattage output that close to real life. I can't post a link yet.

Good luck and happy hunting.
-john

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks