What's new

C'mon Universal....THE SEVEN PER CENT SOLUTION (1 Viewer)

Clay_E

Second Unit

That would indeed be a good thing. In the meantime, I just wish I knew someone in the UK with a DVD recorder...

Darrell Bratz

Stunt Coordinator
As a fan of both, I'd say they have virtually nothing meaningful in common. An interest in deconstruction perhaps, but they go after deconstructing different things in tonally wholly different ways. They're both original Sherlock Holmes stories from the same decade interested more in why he deduces rather than what, but that's a pretty superficial similarity.

Clay_E

Second Unit
One other thing they don't have in common: currently, you can get The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes on DVD (and it's a pretty good DVD as well).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I've always wondered why Nicholas Meyer's second Holmes novel, The West End Horror, was never adapted for the screen. It certainly wasn't as good a book as Seven Percent Solution, but considering the American (and probably British) appetite for all things Holmes, I'm just puzzled as to why this slipped through the cracks.

Clay_E

Second Unit
According to David Stuart Davies' excellent book Starring Sherlock Holmes, the reason was that The Seven-Per-Cent Solution was enough of a box office disappointment that it didn't justify a sequel.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Start looking -- quickly -- for someone with a DVD recorder in the US. It's airing on the Sundance Channel tonight.

Clay_E

Second Unit
ARGH! I own a DVD Recorder, but no longer have Sundance Channel on my cable. Have to find someone who does, and *fast*....thanks for the tip!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I like THE WEST END HORROR, but I assume it was never filmed in part because MURDER BY DECREE (1979) tread similar ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks