What's new

Club Dread Unrated - September 28th (1 Viewer)

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
And after I already bought the current release.

Oh well, any word on what the differences are between the two cuts?

Travis W.

Second Unit
I hope they finally package this with Super Troopers...or maybe they're doing an unrated edition of that film as well...

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
The Broken Lizard guys said on their website that this might be coming. They were not happy with the original release and are NOT happy about the Unrated. They wanted a nice SE version originally and don't want their fans being taken advantage of by the studio with different versions. Especially since they do not see any money from the DVD release.

Travis W.

Second Unit
Well with the underground success of Super Troopers you knew Fox had to milk the fans. I've always noticed it's the films with cult followings that get milked the most (Army of Darkness is a fine example). I'm just surprised it hasn't happened to ST. In the meantime I'm not picking up this unrated edition if they aren't happy with it.

Zachary Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I believe that there argument is not against the upcoming new edition itself but simply that there was a previous release before. Originally Fox was going to strip the commentary tracks from the first release to make the unrated version look even better when it came out. Basically this is the special edition that Broken Lizard wanted but did not get right off the bat because it was more profitable for Fox to release two different versions. They haven't said that they don't like the unrated cut (in fact that's what they wanted on the first disc) or the new disc but simply the fact that Fox chose to release a stripped version earlier to cash in.

Greg Black

Second Unit
Cool. I'm probably one of the few (or maybe I'm the only person?) that enjoyed Club Dread more than Supertroopers. I have the current, somewhat barebones release, and have enjoyed it numerous times already. I knew there was an SE coming, but having the unrated cut on there is news to me. I'm very excited to see the new cut.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Get used to it. Fox is making people double-dip across the board (there will be a Man on Fire SE a few months after the inital release; the DVD is almost finished), but unlike Sony with advance news of the Hellboy SE, they aren't bothering to let us know first. I'm willing to bet the same is true for the Day After Tomorrow release as well.

svenge

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Svenge Guttensen
Lucky for me Fox doesn't release many films that I like... then again my collection isn't exactly huge to begin with :)

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
So the commentaries won't be on the next release? I guess I'll keep the current version in that case. Stupid Fox! They do so well on their classics but are so greedy and not the baby with new releases. :thumbsdown:

Zachary Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
No, they will be. Fox was originally contemplating not putting them on the original release in order to make the new release look even better in comparison.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
There will have to be different commentaries.

How could they put the old commentaries on the new cut of the movie?

It would be full of silence while the cut scenes are playing and full of errors regarding what is happening on screen for any changed scenes.

Just like Underworld or Hellboy there's no way that they'll include the "theatrical" audio commentary for the extended version.

Travis W.

Second Unit

I see now, I was just jumping the gun before. I might pick this up now, I never did get around to getting the current disc. As for Fox double dipping I can definitely see a Day After Tomorrow rehash soon, the single disc is too suspicious.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I think this movie is absolutely hilarious, one of my favorite comedies in recent years and I'll be double dipping for this one, which I also consider to be FAR superior to the overrated Super Troopers.

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator

Mark, I'm glad I read that, because I was definitely planning to pick that disc up...I'm now holding off for the SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks