What's new

'CLICK' with Adam Sandler looks hilarious! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure a lot of people in the audience saw the obligatory Rob Schneider appearance in an Adam Sandler film. I noticed him in about 2 seconds once his character speaks.

Rob Schneider must have some photos of Adam Sandler humping a stuffed Duck or something to always get a part in his movies.

Josh.C

Second Unit
James,

When has Kate Beckinsale ever not looked great?

I mean WOW! She has got to be one of the best looking women I have ever seen, and I agree with one of the comments above that she is the reason to get HDTV!

I'm going to go see Click today at a matinee. Thanks for the reviews guys

JC

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention, the menus of Michael's life were obviously inspired by DVD menus, another plus for DVD enthusiasts (like me).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
and how would that be more embarrassing than what Rob actually does ON FILM? :D

After seeing "Animal" and "The Hot Chick", humping a stuffed duck would hardly be considered 'black mail'.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Y'all have seen "Click", right? Else, the duck bit isn't getting the intended reaction I was going for...

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Saw this movie last night and I cant get it out of my head. The first half I found very likeable and had some good laughs. I WAS interested in what was going to happen next. THe second half however, well that is what makes this movie stand out from just another pointless comedy. I found it very poignent and moving and the people I saw it with were mostly in tears. It definately makes you leave the theatre thinking about life and your choices.

I really solute them for taking this path rather than that of easy comedy.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator

That was pretty much my reaction as well. I didn't like the first half quite as much as you, but the second half definitely was quite a shock in how good it was. The scene in the rain at the end was especially moving. People going in thinking they're going to see another dumb, mindless Sandler comedy will be in for a big surprise. A good surprise though.

Oh yeah, and Kate Beckinsale is pure HOTNESS.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The hotness of Kate Beckinsale was almost ruined by having to see Sean Astin in a speedo...not once...but twice. :D

Josh.C

Second Unit
I went and saw the movie yesterday.

You guys were right on with the first half compared to the second. I enjoyed both, but I also enjoy most of Sandler's flicks.

This one was especially good with the point it drives home. It is a lesson that every one of us need to hear. Wow, I didn't think I was gonna tear up, but I did on more than one occasion. The father/son sequences always get me the worst.

Cudos to Adam and all involved with this film. It will most definitely be added to my collection.

Also, from the comments above I can see that many of you think the bulk of Sandler's films are mindless, slapstick comedies, and for the most part they are. However, you may want to give a few more of his films a chance. 50 first dates and Spanglish are two of the more recent films that actually had a lot of heart. I know Adam's dad passed away sometime around the filming of 50 first dates, and its at least possible to think his passing has added some new depth to his films (although I have no factual bases for that opinion).

Hopefully he continues to produce these types of films.

JC

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good thing when it takes an Adam Sandler movie for people to realize what's really important in life.

Josh.C

Second Unit
Crazy,

Have you seen the film? Not all of life's lessons have to be taught in epic proportions. Check it out, and then let us know what you think.

And learning whats important in life is always a "good thing".

JC

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Saw this on opening day and unfortunately when he crashed on the bed at Bed, Bath and Beyond, I thought "Oh, I hope it isn't all a dream with a sort of It's a Wonderful Life ending."

Oh well...

Rob

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Saw this over the weekend and I loved it! It ranks right up there with Happy Gilmore as my favorite Sandler film, it's got laughs, a lot of them lol, and lots of heart. The last hour was incredibly moving and also surprisingly deep for a Sandler film.

The scene in the future where his dad turned and walked away and began to cry
just destroyed me. :frowning: Christopher Walken was, well...Christopher Walken lol.

I can't wait for this dvd.

And yes, Kate...

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Josh.C

Second Unit
Can we just quit talking about this movie, and start posting pictures of Kate? I mean really, does anyone actually look that good? I would pay the price of admission just to watch her talk and smile.

Note to all directors:

If you cast her, they will come....

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

As long as she has long hair, in some of her very early movies she had short hair and it didn't work for her, she looks hot with long hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks