What's new

'CLICK' with Adam Sandler looks hilarious! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Say what you will about Adam Sandler, but Click looks like it'll be really funny. Sandler's always had hits and misses, but this looks like it's right up his alley. That scene in the trailer where he pauses David Hasselhoff with the magic remote control, smacks him across the face a couple of times, then unpauses him had me laughing out loud. :laugh:

I'm really looking foreward to this one. :emoji_thumbsup:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it reminds me more of his "Wedding Singer" movie than his "Happy Gilmore" movie in the sense that there looks like it has some heart and very powerful moments (when the clicker gets stuck in FFW).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I also like when he's adjusting his own color in the rear view mirror and turns himself green, that's something us HT nuts can appreciate.

He should calibrate himself with AVIA. :D

Joel C

Screenwriter
I thought the preview looked funny and celever, but I heard some guys making fun of it on the way out of an X3 showing. "What's next, Adam Sandler in "The Hat"? He gets a magic hat, and when he has the hat, blah blah..."

They thought they were a scream. Have they never seen a high-concept comedy before?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The thing in the trailers that tells me this might have some heart is the scene where he clicks the jogger into slow motion. The look on his face is far more "gee whiz" than "hubba hubba" (in an early Sandler film, I'm sure it would have been the latter).

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I remember when this movie starting filming, they were going to cast Allen Covert as the voice of the remote. Did they do away with the talking remote?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, before I said it looked like more of a "Wedding Singer" type of comedy, but I totally forgot about "50 First Dates" - that's the line that this one looks like it may be.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That'll be great if they've written the film to have some heart, I tend to enjoy those a little more because they make me laugh while also tugging the heart strings a little.

So the remote spoke originally? I hope they lost that, that sounds like it would become too intrusive.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul

Yeah, I remember reading an article before the movie started production. Allen Covert was supposed to play the remote, and the remote was going to start overriding Adam's choices and took over Adam's life.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Yeah, the only Sandler movie I really like is Wedding Singer. Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are dumb fun, but I actually enjoy the story and characters in that, so that's what I'm hoping for here.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I agree that it looks good. I love Wedding Singer and like 50 First Dates and this one looks to have the same tone as those two. :emoji_thumbsup:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This looked interesting to me. I don't care for Sandler movies generally, but 50 First Dates was mostly good, so I'm hopeful that Click will be a strong movie, enjoyable to even non-Sandler fans.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Some of you guys who are into the Sandler movies with more heart may want to check out Spanglish. A good movie (not great), and his character was extremely likeable in it.

(You can read my review of the DVD in the DVD Reviews Archive folder.)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I actually think this looks pretty unfunny but there was one thing in the trailer that I did find pretty clever: he gets the remote in the "Beyond" section of "Bed, Bath & Beyond".

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw a sneak preview screening of this movie. Let me preface this by saying Wedding Singer is my favorite Adam Sandler movie but I find his films to be generally dumb and not that funny.

Those of you who gauged that Click is a movie with heart are right on. There are two halves to this movie. The first half comes off as just another dumb, not terribly funny Sandler movie. There are some mildly funny gags and lines. The second half takes a completely different tone and is actually very touching by the end. I was really, really surprised. Shocked even as I thought it was going to be another dumb Sandler movie. Adam Sandler showed me that he has the ability to do serious emotional scenes well. Even with the weak first half, I thoroughly enjoyed it and the second half is simply wonderful.

Kate Beckinsale looks great, and Christopher Walken is very good in yet another funny quirky role. I liked the movie quite a bit and I think it will surprise a lot of people.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just caught Kate Beckinsale's appearance on the Conan O'Brien show, and she is the reason to be grateful for HDTV. They showed the "first kiss" scene.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I liked WEDDING SINGER, 50 FIRST DATES, also ANGER MANAGEMENT was really good. This one looks real good too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While the story is one we've seen many times before, the use of the remote control as a metaphor to show how life can slip away on a wayward track if we choose to let it slip away, the execution was actually okay. You do get the laughs from the use of the remote control from Sandler's character, it's hit or miss, but some are just classic bits that had me rolling, but it's toned down a bit, I suspect. The remainder of the film goes for a more personal look into consequences of allowing misguided ambition rule one's life.

That being said, any film that lambasted Hasselhoff's character in funny scenes is worth a matinee viewing.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks