What's new

Clerks/mallrats.. (1 Viewer)

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
"The thing is I just don't support non-anamorphic hands down."

So I guess for you, the presentation is more important than the actual film. I find that kinda sad, personally. The CLERKS dvd has been out for what, three or four years now? Given its relative age, I think its lack of anamorphic enhancement can be overlooked... and again, the source material is 16mm black and white, so even a new hi-def 16:9 transfer isn't gonna help it much.

As for me, the movie matters most. Since I love CLERKS, I own a copy... regardless of the specs of the disc.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
I'd buy the original dvd cause the original commentary is goin out the window for a new full cast one. Also a big two hour doc on Jay and Silent Bob which was made for the current View Askew movie will be put on the anniversary disc also. You may lose out on stuff and you might gain stuff on the new disc, who knows. This is the only time IMHO where I'd pay the cash for another rerelease of the same flick.

Travis D

Second Unit
Rob, In Defense of Dogma has been tossed around as a possible extra on the "Vulgar" DVD of all things. Personally, I wish he would just make it available as a mail-order DVD directly from View Askew, but I digress.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
So I guess for you, the presentation is more important than the actual film.-Craig, does this mean you will watch a Pan and Scan movie if it's available now, rather than wait for a movie to be released in widescreen? Not dissing you, I'm just curious.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Shad,

I'm going to go ahead and answer for him.

There is a vast difference between non-anamorphic and P&S. Clerks is at least OAR. Period...

-Chad

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Shad, we're talking about two very different things here. I'm absolutely pro-OAR, and I'm also pro-anamorphic. But I'm not so maniacal that I'll refuse to watch or own a movie (especially one that I love) just because it isn't anamorphically enhanced.
And no, I don't do pan and scan. That's just evil. :D

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also pro-anamorphic. But I'm not so maniacal that I'll refuse to watch or own a movie...
I do own the movie and I do love it. It's just that I will not spend money to get it on a non-anamorphic DVD.

I did get 2001 although it was non-anamorphic because I did not have that movie on any home video system and just had to have it. But that's an exception.

The thing is normally it's not a aproblem to get a disc in anamorphic even if it's not out in anamorphic in R1. I have Bound, Highlander, Strange Days, Armageddon, Enemy of the State, Pulp Fiction, Clear and Present Danger etc. all anamorphic from other regions. Unfortunately with Clerks I did not yet find an anamorphic version and since I know there will be an SE in R1 I can wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks