What's new

Cleopatra (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Mister-Mike said:
>"The titles are somewhat desaturated..." Is this a fancy way of saying "you can hardly read some of the titles?" My copy of the first disc of the 3-disc DVD set has gone missing, so I can't compare, unfortunately. The stand-alone music like the overture to me doesn't seem to have a wide stereo spread, though, again, finding that first DVD disc would help. Certain not as "beefy" a sound as the overture in the Blu-Ray Ben-Hur, anyway. The position of the entr'acte at the end of disc one is the same as the DVD release (>that< I remember) ... which is stupid, I agree. But the image quality and the color are absolutely stunning throughout. Here is a shot of the back cover of the UK release: http://www.mjq.net/misc/cleopatra.jpg By the way, the Japanese box set costs an arm and a leg through HMV: 4,724 yen, which is a saving of 1,256 yen off the original price! This is about $58.20 US, though this release does have some fancy booklet included (see the picture in an earlier message). The current price at Amazon.co.uk is 11.19 pounds, which works out to $17.77 US.
I just posted this on the other Cleopatra thread. It's only $14.80 including shipping. Your order #203-4095371-2389907 (received February 20, 2012) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qty Item Price Delivery Subtotal -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.): 1 Cleopatra [Blu-ray] [1963] £6.24 1 £6.24 Dispatched via Royal Mail (estimated arrival date: Monday, March 05, 2012). -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Item Subtotal: £6.24 Delivery and handling: £3.08 Total: £9.32

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks