What's new

Cleaning problem-suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I was kinda getting oil ready to fry something, and it kinda caught fire. I also kinda forget that oil and water don't mix
The upshot is that I have an amazing black mark on the wallpaper and ceiling of the kitchen from the gigantic resulting fireball. It was vegetable oil that generated this fireball, so the soot is pretty greasy. I'm managed to get some off, but I'm worried we'll have to repaint/paper.
Please help get me out of trouble
wink.gif

The fireball was REALLY cool in retrospect :)
Jeff Kleist

Michael*K

Screenwriter
My mom did the same grease/water flame-up up several years ago. We were able to clean most of the greasy soot with a nylon bristle scrub brush and some Dawn dishwashing soap in hot water. Gotta use Dawn. It really does break down greases. Hell, they even used it to clean the birds after the Alaskan oil spill. :)
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

DaveSarcevic

Agent
An excellent degreaser that I use when I detail cars is something similar to a product called Purple Stuff, which you can pick up at any auto part store. Purple Stuff is more than adequate for your purpose. I use it to clean motors and it does and excellent job.

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
I was kinda getting oil ready to fry something, and it kinda caught fire.
Oh my god, "kinda caught fire". That is the funniest
thing I read all week. I hope this is your place.
Sorry, no suggestions, but that was a funny line. :)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
[Beavis] Fire fire fire ooohh yeaaaa[/beavis]
You might try "Simple Green" or "409" those are probably the best you can get without removing paint like a good acetone or Lacquer thinner.
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks