What's new

Classic Westerns on DVD-R (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
November has been western month on Turner Classic Movies and I took advantage of the opportunity to record several westerns on DVD-R. I used a Samsung DVD R 3000 to record the movie to DVD-R frm DirecTV. Some notable titles I recorded were:

Once Upon A Time In The West
Unforgiven (Burt Lancaster)
Major Dundee (Charleton Heston)
The Last Hunt (Robert Taylor)

All the titles recorded with excellent DVD video quality and a very vivid 2 channel stereo sound. At a cost of $1.24 per movie you can't go wrong. During December and January Turner is broadcasting many excellent WWII movies. Looks like I will be busy recording lots of TCM titles to DVD-R.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
$1.24 per dvd-r?!?! i thought they went for at least 5 bucks a pop...

Ernest

Supporting Actor
No you must be comparing the price of a DVD-RAM to DVD-R. The $1.24 inlcudes the blank DVD-R and Amray case. www.shop4tech.com sells 100 blank DVD-R's with the cases for $124.00.

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
While on the topic of DVD-R media, has anybody had experience with Ritek-brand DVD-R blanks? They are supposed to be 2x-certified, and they sell for about $1 each in bulk. I know that shop4tech sells the TDK 2x media for a lot more ($5.99 each).

If you use DVD-R for data backup, 2x makes a lot of difference over 1x, believe me.

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info, Robert. I'm assuming it will work as well in my DVR-A05, which by the way, if anyone is interested, does not work (yet) with Retrospect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks