What's new

Clash of the Titans artwork (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
clashofthetitansdvd.jpg

Thanks to The Digital Bits for the cover.
I can't wait for this one. I'm hoping for an OAR anamorphic release. Wonder when the specs and release date will be announced.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Holy cow! Not bad at all. Original cover art without the horendous actor inserts. The color scheme looks like they monkeyed with it too much to give it a cartoony look, but otherwise, this is far better than what could have easily been another Photoshop disaster.
Original thatrical poster
Link Removed

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The OAR is 1.77:1 and the original sound was in Dolby stereo.

The video ought to look good since WB had to restore the film before release.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Oh, COOL! I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
If that is indeed the DVD cover art (which it certainly seems to be), then a hearty THANKS is due to MGM!
So thanks MGM. :)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I hope this isn't considered a title that Warner will only release in pan and scan. I STILL DON'T TRUST WARNER! Be prepared to launch another petition.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Considering that WB talked to us about this title on their last HTF chat (and Strange Brew as well), one HOPES that they understand we'll be up in arms if these aren't in OAR.
But then, with those guys, ya' never know! :eek:

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I saw this movie in the theater when I was a kid. I was also heavy into the whole AD&D thing at that point. :) I have really fond memories of this film and am looking forward to finally owning it on DVD! I hope it gets done "right"!

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
John st writes:
I was also heavy into the whole AD&D thing at that point.
I too, used to thouroughly enjoy this game. But ever since New Line's film-stock painparade of the same name I break down and weep like a little girl with a skinned knee if I even see a 20-sided die.
Had to rant: Back to Clash of the Titans. I'm sure the stop-motion is pretty weak by todays standards, I haven't seen the film in awhile, but isn't it good to know it'll have a snapper case before the disc is even pressed yet?

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I saw this movie many times when I was a kid. I haven't watched it in years. I cannot wait to get the DVD! I really enjoy Ray Harryhausen's work.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
The Omega Man's artwork has been up for 2 years. I'll wait for a hard street date before I get too excited over this, Wolfen or Time After Time.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
So great to see more Harryhausen released on DVD these days, plus MGM has the ONE MILLION YEARS B.C./Harryhausen spoof CAVEMAN (1980) due on DVD in June, and looks like Disney's Sinbad/Harryhausen spoof CABIN BOY (1994) will arrive on DVD this Summer.
And thus, the list of Ray Harryhausen feature films still MIA on DVD has been reduced to the following:
1. MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (1949) Warner
2. THE BEAST FROM TWENTY THOUSAND FATHOMS (1953) Warner
3. IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA (1955) Columbia
4. EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS (1956) Columbia
5. THE ANIMAL WORLD (1956, just a portion of this documentary film, that could easily be excerpted as an extra on a GWANGI DVD) Warner
6. MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (1961) Columbia
7. ONE MILLION YEARS, B.C. (1966) Fox --still planned for a 2002 DVD release?
8. VALLEY OF GWANGI (1969) Warner
And here's a list of the other major stop-motion monster flicks still not on Region 1 DVD (all currently owned by Warner):
1. KING KONG (1933) --currently being worked on
2. SON OF KONG (1933) --?
3. THE BLACK SCORPION (1957) --?
4. THE GIANT BEHEMOTH (1959) --?
5. WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH (1969) --?

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I loved this movie as a kid, and just thinking about it now is getting me all jazzed up to watch some Harryhausen flicks. Gonna check out Best Buy on my lunchbreak for Argonauts, First Men in the Moon, and the Sinbad box!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I really like the artwork and was going to mention it myself, but this thread was already going.

I suspect that some of the choice might be that they didn't feel that they could sell the film with any of the stars anyway.

If Clint Eastwood or Harrison Ford had been in the film, I suspect that you might have had another "face" cover like every other catalog title. I really freaking hate that.

While many good actors are in Clash, none are "sales" stars who's mere presence makes people buy a DVD. However the creatures are sales points, thus the choice to go with the poster art (basically).

Or maybe MGM is really listening and knows that original poster art is often the coolest graphics you can provide.

Plus what kills me is that the poster art is paid for and created to sell a film in the first place, yet suddenly on video this sales campaign suddenly sucks and all that money to create graphics/images was a waste?? I don't get it.

James D S

Screenwriter
But why did they airbrush the clockwork owl out? That's an odd choice to make.

Do they sell more titles without the owl on the cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks