What's new

Civilized game forum? Does it exist? (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
From HTF (sure, there are some others too), I kinda found a good, mature and civilized forum for the HD/film/DVD-talk. And yes, also properly moderated. Does anyone know a similar place for console gaming-talk?

I mean it´s stunning how most forums seems to be full of this "Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii"-talk. Eventually it´s always that same debate.. It also seems, that very little moderating is going on in these forums.

Any tips?

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
If you're into sports games, check out Operation Sports. While not totally civilized, it's better than most. I've picked-up a lot of good tips there.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I'll second the LCVG recommendation. A good group of gamers, many of whom came from here at HTF.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
The various AVS console forums seem to be fairly civilized... there are some trolls but nothing as bad as most dedicated game site forums. I'll have to check out LCVG, I don't think I've heard of it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Apparently it got started when some 360 fanbots lowered the scores for Little Big Planet. Some of these guys on both sides need to get out more and realize that these things are just game consoles, not soul mates.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

This thing reminds me a bit of the "format war". You "choose" your console/format, and suddenly (after that) only the games/films on that particular console/format are "good". I guess the difference still is, that most of these gaming "fanboys" are mostly under 18-year old..

Well, I love "LittleBigPlanet" and I can´t wait for "Gears Of War 2". Oh, and "Wario Land: Shake It!" was pretty good. I guess my point is, that not sure who actually gets the last laugh.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks