What's new

Cinema Paradisio Collector's Edition Coming 11/7 (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
The Weinstein Company and Genius Products has just announced a two-disc collector's edition of Cinema Paradisio per Davis DVD. It will include both the original theatrical version and the extended version presented in anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 with English subtitles. It streets November 7th.

The bonus features include:

*Audio Commentary by Italian film expert Millicent Marcus and director Giuseppe Tornatore
*"Love in the Time of Cinema: Celebrating a Classic" documentary
*The Cinema Paradisio-inspired episode of the Food Network's "Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello"

There will also be a limited edition that will contain the above, plus:
*The Soundtrack CD with Music by Ennio Morricone
*Cinema Paradisio-inspired recipes from Food Network chefs
*Collectable Lobby Cards
*Theatrical One Sheet Reproductions

Retail on the two-disc set is $24.99. Retail on the limited edition is $39.99.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I have the original dvd release (original theatrical version only) and never picked up the current edition with both versions. I'm glad I didn't - this is the edition that this classic deserves.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

I prefer the original Theatrical Version. The longer version changed the tone of the film by adding a sex scene as an example. It took away the innocence of the character and theme of the movie.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What is Cinema Paradisio?

I find no movie with that title at imdb.

:P

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if this is getting an immediate Canadian release? Or will it be released a few months later like reservoir dogs?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Cinema Paradiso

I thought by post #10 we could use the accepted spelling, just once. ;)

Thanks a lot Nicholas, I just had to have the fancy version, there goes another $28.00.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That was what I was aiming at with my post back in September. I don't know what it is with this movie and why the title is impossible for anyone to get right. A while back, there was someone from the Denver Film Society promoting their annual festival, and she even said it wrong.

Anyway, it sounds as though if someone has the previous release, there isn't a whole lot to gain with the new 2 disc release. Would that be more or less correct?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
My "Limited Collector's Edition" arrived today.
Noticed right away that the top of the box was on backward, no big deal. But, more egregious sloppiness was soon discovered. Two of the three discs were no longer on their hubs. The hubs were not broken. The assembler had just done sloppy work.
The first DVD in the set looks like it was used for a Frisbee as a result of all the sliding around. The other loose disc is the soundtrack CD and I listened to it while I was driving today. No skips.
If you’re getting this set you might want to listen for rattles before you open it.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I got right after playing disc 1 to see if I might want to return this due to the many (light) scratches. Halfway through I see no problems.
Been listening to the commentary track.
*Audio Commentary by Italian film expert Millicent Marcus and director Giuseppe Tornatore.
This is the most informative and rewarding commentary I can recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks