What's new

"Chuck" to follow "Veronica Mars" to the big screen? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Zachary Levi ✔ @ZacharyLevi
1st, congrats to @IMKristenBell & @RobThomas for helping move entertainment a little closer in the direction I’ve always hoped it would go…
11:25 PM - 13 Mar 13
Zachary Levi ✔ @ZacharyLevi
2nd, to you Chucksters, believe that this news only bolsters my faith that I can help bring you a #ChuckMovie. Be patient. Stay tuned.
While there are no firm plans for a Chuck film right now, Levi feels hopeful. “All I can say at this point is that because Veronica Mars, like Chuck, is a Warner Bros. [production], and because Warner Bros. has now opened that gate, I feel confident in being able to get the same results for a Chuck movie,” he says, adding that he could imagine them using avenues other than Kickstarterfor fund-raising. “If Warner Bros. is game, I’ve got great ideas for what the movie would be that I’m very excited about.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/15/zachary-levi-chuck-movie/

If a Kickstarter campaign is launched, I'll pledge as much as I can.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With all of the different series being bandied about after the success of the Veronica Mars campaign, one show I'm sad hasn't been mentioned was Eli Stone which left us far too soon.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I would feel less enthused about Chuck, but would consider supporting. Veronica Mars ended badly, which led to a lot of viewer angst.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm kind of mixed on this one. On one hand, I loved "Chuck" and would love to see more "Chuck." On the other hand, "Chuck" had perhaps my favorite final scene of any series finale. I felt like the show ended where it wanted to, and the ambiguity was a big part of that. Any concrete resolutions we'd get in the movie would feel less satisfying than the ideas in my head.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Bryan Fuller has now expressed interest in a Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls Kickstarter campaigns.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
All of those Fathermuckers who don't support a "Deadwood" Kickstarter, sock cuck by choice!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think a "Wonderfalls" movie would be a lot more do-able because it basically took place in our world, even though some pretty extraordinary things happened in it.

I've always thought that any "Wonderfalls" follow-up would have to start with Jaye institutionalized.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Bryan Fuller has also said a Pushing Daisies movie would have to have a much larger budget than what Veronica Mars received.I have yet to finish Wonderfalls, but I'd be curious about a Pushing Daisies movie.Chuck would have to be a really good idea for me to be on board.I wasn't thrilled about how Chuck ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks