What's new

Chuck - Season Four (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks for the analysis, Adam. Sounds better than I thought. While I enjoyed Undercovers and Chase, I wouldn't mind if either or both went away. There's just too much on my DVR right now. As it is, I can't even record Chase.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen

Casey shooting Jeff what...nine times? That was a nice call-back to Jeff's tolerance-levels. Hopefully Jeffster! will get up to something interesting this season.

I laughed pretty good at Jeff getting pumped full of tranq darts by Casey!

Best lines of the night for me and both of them by Jeff: "I think my water broke" and "Is there room in that womb for two?" LOL!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm pretty sure I'm willing to put up with less than stellar acting from her! If she's recurring, I hope Lou will return, too. I'm not quite sure why they needed Bronson Pinchot for his walk-by, though. Maybe he's coming back in a bigger role.

"Spider-Man kiss?" "No."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Solid episode. The "Right Stuff" intro of the "true" Buy More crew was great! But I hope Old Spice Guy is a recurring characvter; he's fun.

Agree about Jeff being pumped full of darts to take him down.

But the closing scene, with Sarah unpacking and talking with Chuck, takes me to the heart of the show: its unabashed earnestness. I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Chuck" has heart. It is an irony-free show where it matters. People and relationships count and it always extols family and friends.

"People have been following us for months!"

"Perhaps they were just driving behind you?"

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This episode was exactly what Chuck should be. Funny banter, action, eye-candy for the gents, some eye-candy for the ladies...just a very fun way to spend an hour.

I'd also like to add (again) that Ms. Strahovski is indeed an epically-impressive specimen of womanhood. When that coat came off, I reacted pretty much in sync with Chuck.

As it is, are they trying to move away from his Intersect-stuff? Because it seems like, this season at least, they're keeping it to a minimum (which is fine after last season's reliance on Levi making goofy faces and then kung-fu fighting). I'm not even sure how that helps him open a combination safe, like in this episode.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
So I missed most of episode 2, and am now wondering whether anyone else has picked up the series like Sci-Fi did last year? Chuck needs same week repeats!!!!!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I am really liking this season so far. THe guest stars have been great. Morgan as store manager? Time to sell my Buy More stock

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
We forgot to post about this this week. I'm a little too fatigued to remember much about it right now, but I liked it and the Devo song was funny. "Don't taze me, bro!"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Two things:

1. There should have been a scene where Morgan said, "Oh, hey! That's Big Mike's ring!" That would have cleared up part of the whole "does she think I was trying to really propose?" thing.

2. It drives me nuts when Chuck and Sarah are on a mission and he has to talk about his feelings and the relationship. Focus! At least in this instance, talking about mundane things would have made it more believable if someone had found them prowling around where they weren't supposed to be in the mansion.

Other than that, an enjoyable followup to last year's Captain Awesome adventure. I like the whole "Morgan dating a girl with a pitbull for a father" thing.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
That was fun. If this is going to be the last season of Chuck, they should go away doing what they do best. And I'm glad about that.
After watching the bikini-montage, NBC better order the back nine episodes for this season.

Assante always looks like he's having a blast doing this show.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Missed a good 20 - 25 minutes of this one. Was watching it delayed on DVR and sat lost local NBC after 10 minutes. Switched to OTA to catch the last 25 minutes. Agree they need to cut the constant "feelings" crap and go back toward comedy spy stuff by the "Nerd".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Great, great episode. One of my favorites of the entire run. That awesome A-Team joke at the beginning set the tone, and we were off to the races. Loved seeing Chuck taking charge--especially when Sarah suggested calling for backup and he said, "We're right here, we can handle it." Catatonic Casey in a stormtrooper helmet was gold (no pun intended). I was thinking it might have been a good idea for Chuck to say, "You might want to run killing me past your boss," but that might have been a fatal mistake in a bunker, away from prying eyes. Aaand we end on a nice little hook.

Oh, yeah. Jeff and Lester having a role in the main story was nice, and Morgan's leap freezing with a "Name: Morgan Expertise: None" was poetry. This thing was a friggin' tour-de-force, and I managed to overlook the writer and director. I'll catch it on the next watch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
OH, HELL YEAH! Chuck gets a full season!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/18/chuck-full-season-pick-up/

(Well, the ink's not dry on the deal, as they say)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
When Chuck flashed on the team and all of the court martial stuff came up, I said "Wow, that reminds me of the A-Team... if they actually did commit the crime." And sure enough, they do the whole spiel! Loved it. Especially enjoyed Eric Roberts channeling George Peppard.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ausiello posted an update in a post about other pickups on 10/19.

"Oh, and the Chuck back-nine news I reported yesterday? It’s now official, only I’m told it’s actually a back eleven! That’s right, Chuck‘s fourth season will be 24 episodes long!"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's great news. It's too early to say a season five is looking better, but I'm going to be going to Subway a lot for the rest of the year. 24. That means, for the first time in a long time, that we should be Chucking up from now until May, right? (First time to have a fall through summer schedule, that is; we went from Jan to May last season)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
My Monday nights just got better! "Chuck", "The Event" (all on NBC, too bad my viewing habits don't count), and then switch to "Castle" Monday is the only night of the week that I watch TV straight from 8 - 11.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Michael Harris

My Monday nights just got better! "Chuck", "The Event" (all on NBC, too bad my viewing habits don't count), and then switch to "Castle" Monday is the only night of the week that I watch TV straight from 8 - 11.
That's my Monday night, too. Although I go 8-11 on Tuesday (Glee -> Raising Hope -> Running Wilde -> The Good Wife) and Friday (Smallville -> The Good Guys -> Outlaw) as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks