What's new

"Chuck" Season 3 (2 Viewers)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Excellent episode. I like how the follow up worked. Morgan knowing what Chuck would take for reading material (latest issue of Justice League) was so on target for those two geeks.

I second the General, "It's about d**n time."

Jeffster's performance tonight was actually good. Leavin' on A Jet Plane.

Doug

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really enjoyed it too. There were definite moments of "Where the hell do we go from here?", though.

My favorite moment had to be Jeffster dressed up like Simon and Garfunkel singing that Peter, Paul and Mary song. It's staggering how much Jeff looks like Garfunkel.

And that had to be the largest train bed I've ever seen. I'm more familiar with the Amtrak option:
City_Amtrak_train_bed.jpg

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Absolutely stellar. One of my favorites of the entire run. The secret solo missions sequence was masterfully played. I loved Sarah with the goofy accent, and it was nice seeing a rare flash of humanity from Beckman. Unless they're trying to whittle down the cast, I'm sure there'll be a monkeywrench that keeps the Woodcombs in The 'bank. It'll be a shame for the characters, but I'd sure miss them. Glad they played Jeffster seriously for that sequence.

An article in the paper today reiterated that this is a show very much on the bubble. I hope it beats the odds once more. Of the few shows I watch that are in danger, it's the only one that would hurt. I can't believe this isn't the most watched show in America.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Loved it! The fun is back. And like everyone else, I'm hoping we get a season four.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Another great episode and one that shows where Chuck could go for its fourth season. Morgan/Casey work very well together - I like how they are using Morgan's geekiness to advantage, rather than just having him as a liability. This really needs to get picked up for S4, there is still a lot of untapped potential. Can't wait for next week... when are the BRs being released?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Reports from today are saying the chance for Chuck's renewal has improved:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/23/chuck-renewal-prospects-looking-good/

Obviously it's just a rumour, so take it as such.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Good to hear that renewal is looking more positive, let's also hope it's for a full 22-23 episode season.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Rumor has it that Heroes will be getting a truncated, 13-episode final season (for syndication purposes), but here's hoping that Chuck fares slightly better with the NBC execs than that.

Now THAT was proper Chuck. After all the other stuff this season, this almost was like a release-valve going off. These are the types of episodes I'm going to miss if Chuck goes off the air. Fun episode...Sarah spending most of the episode in her underwear was sorely missed throughout most of the season.

I need the "Sassy-Talkin' Drunk-Texan Sarah" action figure today! (Then again, considering that Yvonne Strahovski should be getting her very first actual action figure down the road...maybe!)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
In Chicago, Seattle, San Diego and Philadelphia, "Chuck" fans plan to gather while dressed in the show's Buy More-style clothing (short-sleeve work shirts, name tags and the like). The idea is from fan site chucktv.net, one of those that spearheaded last year's "Finale and a Footlong" campaign that made national headlines when fans bought sandwiches from "Chuck" sponsor Subway.

*snip*
The NBC series has been "on the bubble" -- walking a fine line between renewal and cancellation -- though indications suggest the network is bullish about a return. "Chuck" has been the most stable part of the network's Monday night lineup in a year during which ratings for companion series "Heroes" have dropped significantly.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63T0KO20100430?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
LOVED the reference to Hart to Hart, a show I think I referenced way earlier in the season as a potential role model..

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
At the end of "Chuck versus the Honeymooners", Chuck played a song for Sarah that I didn't recognize. I really liked what I heard, Google to the rescue.

In case anyone else was interested, the song was "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone. I have to admit, I don't recall ever hearing about her before. I picked up the song from Itunes and will definitely be looking into her other stuff.

-Keith

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's an old showtune. A currently popular version is by Michael Buble.

The '80s intro was great. Reminds me of a similar altered credit sequence on a recent Fringe. Also, I loved seeing the cat in the peephole.

I figured out pretty early that the Doctors Without Borders storyline was going to turn into a mission for Chuck and the Gang, but I didn't figure the Ring would be involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks