What's new

Chuck season 2 (1 Viewer)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Sarah's mysterious past has been there from the beginning, ever since Chuck pleaded with her just to tell him her real name. That's why he was so excited at the chance to learn about her in the first place.

And it was very much a rest button because we're made to believe that Chuck has actually learned who "Sarah" really is, but all he's seen is another Alias, and once again he doesn't really know anything about her. Although now he *thinks* he knows, I didn't get the impression they were going to do anything with that but it'll be interesting if they do.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

That was just over the top hilarity!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Not telling him her real name was just normal operational security for an undercover agent. She didn't have a specific, personal, "mysterious past" beyond her bending-the-rules relationship with Bryce - which we and Chuck also knew about pretty early on. There weren't open questions about her family history, her father, what happened to her mother, why she had a string of aliases before she was a spy or how she ended up in the CIA in the first place. (Typically CIA types aren't recruited while still in high school, for instance.)

What we saw this week was a new plot element, not even hinted at in the earlier episodes with their standard "need to know" and "I'm undercover" tropes.

Regards,

Joe

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Its not a reset. Reset means putting the storyline back to the same state it was at the beginning. If it was Chuck would not remember the Jenny Burton name at all. Plus he learned that Sarah's father is in jail.

The fact that he did not press Sarah about her father and anything else from her past was a nice touch when he began to realize how painful it was for her.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That was a great little moment. One more reason for her to stay in love with him. Also, we learned that it isn't so farfetched for her to love a nerd since she was one herself.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Conflicted - nice to see the Atari presented as a going concern, but it was an American company.

(yeah, I know it technically still exists, but really, only technically)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, I liked the card, but I think my favorite thing was the Zune joke, as dumb as it was.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This show is written expressly for me. Every second works as far as I'm concerned. I was dying when Chuck flashed and Jeff said, "You are so wasted!" And, Sarah's story about Chuck's little feet under the water. :laugh:

And HOLY SHIT, my weak ticker almost couldn't handle Sarah in the Nerd Herd uniform. She is without a doubt the hottest woman on TV. She just does it for me. I know I'm unique in saying that. . . .

Atari headquarters = Pinehearst. I was almost expecting to see a Petrelli around one of the corners.

You've got the touch
You've got the power
YEAH!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yvonne does it for me too! Schwiiiing!

Great episode - lots of laughs and good action mixed in. Loved Casey's grunt of disappointment when he did not have to launch the missile! The opening scene with Chuck lying on bed in disguise and with all the fake IDs under his bed was priceless.

Great to see some Sarah and Ellie scenes together! Hope this is the start of a trend.

No new Chuck for two weeks:frowning: and then we meet Jill
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
! Can't wait to see Sarah squirm with jealousy!

NBC promo for it:
YouTube - Chuck season 2 episode 6 promo

Its going to be a Casey quip-fest!

Remember WWCD! What would Chuck do?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Chuck vs. Tom Sawyer.

Undanceable suburban anthem and great '80s video gaming. What's not to love?

I found this really made Jeff, both more sympathetic and more believable as a character. Really liked his story.

And the introduction of a new, perhaps greater foe: the new asst manager at Buy More!!!

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Well go to 9:21 and give your heart another workout...

Link deleted by moderator; do not repost.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
From E! here is the latest casting news:
Reliable sources tell me exclusively that NBC’s awesome, fan-favorite dramedy Chuck has closed a deal for Andy Richter and Jenny McCarthy to appear in an episode called “Chuck Versus the Suburbs,” which will air during February.
Are they going to be evil spies? Old friends? New lovers? I’ve got the dish…
According to my sources, when intelligence reports suggest that an evil Fulcrum agent might be living in the suburbs, Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) are forced to go undercover as a…wait for it…married couple and play house.
(And the Sarah-Chuck fans go crazay.)
Andy and Jenny will play different neighbors who live in the ‘hood.
“Chuck Versus the Suburbs” is episode 14 of the current second season, and it will most likely air in late February or perhaps during March sweeps.
Are you digging this casting as much as I am? Not to mention thoroughly enjoying the current season? Share your thoughts, and don’t forget to tune into Chuck on Monday nights…

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Chuck I thought has been very good for the most part this year, however I would have to agree with some of what Entertainment Weekly said in an article a few weeks ago about the downhill slide of Chuck, Hereos and Terminator SCC. I do think Chuck needs to get back to basics and a little more nerd herd crew with his best friend. Not every episode mind you, just keep it connected that he is still very much nerd, NOT spy. Also, I'm not so sure about the intro of the new Buy More character types which seem to drag focus away from advancing story lines with charters at the Buy More we already know.

Overall though, I REALLY enjoy Chuck and hope the ratings pick up.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The only real issue with Chuck this season is that the BuyMore scenes have been stand alone for the most part this season. They work best when integrated with the main Spy storyline and include Chuck. 2.05 is an example of that.

Love the show though. Its one of the few that makes you feel good after you finish viewing the latest installment.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I totally agree. Its been like watching two shows at once. One of the reason's last week's episode "Chuck vs Tom Sawyer" was near perfect was because it brought the main plot back to the Buy More.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks