What's new

CHUCK: Season 2 release date? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Has there been a definitive release date set for the season 2 Blu Ray?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Short story: No, but that doesn't mean it's not coming out.

Long story: Originally the set was supposed to come out August or September, alongside the other Warner TV Blu-rays (T:SCC, Fringe, Supernatural, etc.), but the ongoing confusion about the show's status--eventually, and thankfully, renewed at the last minute--shelved the plans. Currently, the 3rd season is tentatively set to begin March 2010 with the distinct possibility of an earlier start if NBC's lineup nosedives. I believe the showrunners were asked after the Comic-Con panel when the DVDs (and presumably the Blu-rays) would hit, and they said that they're linked to the 3rd season premiere.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
I hate it when they do that. They never give you enough time to rewatch the previous season between when the DVDs hit and when it airs. Dollhouse is the only exception (from what I watch) that I can think of.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Here's hoping NBC's schedule nosedives so they can pick up the option for the additional 9 episodes. :)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
This isn't an announcement, let alone official, but ReleaseLists.com is saying it could be out December 15.

Cincin

Auditioning
Real Name
Cindy
[COLOR= #ff0099][SIZE= larger]I just saw on Wiki that it is coming out February 16, 2010... I'm so bummed I pre-ordered it back in May grrr [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Good news, everyone!

Warner Home Video has announced that it will release 'Chuck: The Complete Second Season' on Blu-ray on January 5, 2010, day-and-date with the DVD. The 22-episode season will come in four discs. As usual with television content from this studio, only a Dolby Digital track will be included, with no lossless audio option.

Special features include:

• Truth, Spies and Regular Guys: Exploring the Mythology of Chuck
  • Dude in Distress: Explore Some of This Season's Best Action Sequences
  • Chuck Versus the Webisodes: Web-Originated Minifeaturettes
  • Chuck: A Real-Life Captain Awesome's Tips for Being Awesome
  • John Casey Presents: So You Want to Be a Deadly Spy?
  • Declassified Scenes
  • Gag Reel
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3611

More info and artwork here. It'll be ~$10 cheaper than originally thought, too.

(And apologies for making anyone think in Prof. Farnsworth's voice )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks