What's new

CHRONICLES OF NARNIA (retitled thread) (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I saw the trailer and was very impressed. the best trailer that I had seen in a long time. I do remember reading the books as a kid. It seems like they got the right tone for it.
Its my number 2 movie after the fantastic four.
I guess they are suppose to play the trailer in front of episode 3.

JACOB

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Excellent trailer. The kids look excellent, the tone seems spot-on, and the WETA effects are just gorgeous. Definitely a film they are tailor-made for.

Can't wait to see more (both of this film and the remaining 6 :D ),
Chuck

RafaelB

Second Unit
I really enjoyed the trailer as well but the only thing that gave me pause, and I do hope it's only in the trailer, the the bright light coming out of the wardrobe when Lucy opens it. It's supposed to be a regular wardrobe until she starts mopving through the coats and walks into Narnia.

Now, if that's my only qualm, this movie should rock! :)

Rafael.

FredK

Second Unit
nd I do hope it's only in the trailer, the the bright light coming out of the wardrobe when Lucy opens it.
I think it's just for the trailer. Once opened, she sort of wobbles in w/o even taking a moment to wonder at the blinding light streaming out.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Brett,
It's been a long time, but I certainly would.

I'd always recommend reading The Chronicles of Narnia, and in the intended order. They were renumbered a few years back (chronologically), but are much better told as intended (and as apparently filmed :D ).

They are quick reads as well,
Chuck

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Thanks. I've like a lot of Gregson-Williams stuff. I hope (and expect) that he will go in a different direction than the Zimmer-like scores he does for action films.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
The trailer looks incredible! I’m really looking forward to seeing this.

Does anyone know how to save this file?

James Phillips

Stunt Coordinator

Out of the actors who are supposed to have auditioned for Aslan, I really hope it's going to be Timothy Dalton.

His voice has a wonderful majestic quality to it. :)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Thanks! The link doesn't seem to be working, though. It's hung up on "getting file information". I'll keep trying.

EDIT: Appears to be working now.

SarahG

Second Unit
Timothy Dalton - what else has he been in.

I personally love this trailer...it was great getting to see some of the footage from the film. I can't wait to get more and to hear more than just susan speak...though her reaction was right on target.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
He also played the duplicitous King Phillip of France in the Classic The Lion in Winter. His lover in the movie: Anthony Hopkins!

He also took up the gauntlet from Clark Gable and played Rhett Butler against Joanne Whalley's Scarlett in the sequel to Gone With The Wind, Scarlett.

I have vague memories of the animated film from when I was a kid. I've never read the books but will probably pick them up at some point before the movie bows. The trailer rocked! :emoji_thumbsup:

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
Any word on who is doing the score for this one?
I loved not only the trailer but also the music. In doing some research I saw this about the soundtrack and thought you may be interested.

Trailer Music
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
"Here Comes The King (Drums)" - X-Ray Dog
"Here Comes The King" - X-Ray Dog
"The Black Legend (Non Choir)" - Immediate Music
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) - James Newton Howard
Black Beauty (1994) - Danny Elfman

http://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/?cid=C&id=1659

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Never read the books.

AWESOME trailer.

WETA effects
It was pretty obvious actually. I know anything fantasy will be compared to LOTR, but the trailer was REALLY visually reminiscent of PJ and co's work.

The mountains, the helicopter shots, I could swear some of LOTR was filmed in those exact same spots.

Heck, how could you not think of Gandalf on that horse carriage with the eye popping green foliage and grass? This has got nothing to do with WETA but still... the look is there.

I never read the books, this trailer just bumped these movies to my #3 of the year (after WOTW and Batman).

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks