Christopher Lee....CBE

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Christou, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Christopher Lee has been made Commander of the British Empire by the Queen, I've always been a huge fan of the horror legend, in my opinion he should have been Knighted by now. [​IMG]
    Lee is 79 years old now and still very active in movies, he has roles in two upcoming extremely eagerly awaited movies, he plays Saruman the White in 'Lord of the Rings' and I think a Jedi Knight in 'Star Wars Episode II'.

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Respect, love, adore Christopher Lee! He is the primary reason I would like to see more of the classic Hammer films released. Let's hear it for this legendary actor and the best Dracula in the history of film.
    Oops, almost forgot to qualify - IMHO. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Dark Tower
    [​IMG]

3. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

4. David Lee

David Lee Stunt Coordinator

I too admire Christopher Lee, especially his commanding voice. Is it true that Warner is releasing Horror of Dracula in R2 UK? It's a shame that Warner hasn't released this and other Hammer Classics in the States.

5. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    I don't know if 'Horror of Dracula' or 'Dracula' as its known over here, is coming out on r2 dvd.
    Legend has it that the Japanese versions of these Hammer Classics have more gore and nudity, I've seen photos of the Japanese version of 'The Mummy' (1959), and you see Lee's tongue cut off in more graphic detail.
    I have all the great Hammer Horrors on tape, about 50 of them.

6. David Lee

David Lee Stunt Coordinator

I did some searching and according to the website Horrordvds.com, Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Mummy are scheduled for an autumn R2 release. Just click on their news archive for March 18 - 24 of 2001. With that said I will try not to get my hopes too high, I'll believe it when I see it. I also apologize for taking away from the main topic.

7. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

Great news about the CBE!
    I've always been a hugh fan of Lee (and Cushing) since I was tiny and they still remain icons to me today.
    I have 2 facial life casts of Lee and Cushing hanging on my wall!
    ------------------

8. Jaime m

Jaime m Agent

Congrats to chris! He rules.And as far as i know in Star Wars EP.2 he plays Conut Dooku who is a former jedi leading a revolt against the Republic(soon to be the Empire). Star wars and Lord of the rings, he seems to be on a role! Which in the end is good for us fans!

9. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

I saw this thread when it started, but haven't posted yet cause I just don't know what to say. Chris Lee is THE man, and I've always enjoyed his work ever since I could watch t.v.. What else can I say, but congrats Mr. Lee, keep on truckin'!
    ------------------
    M. Hyde

10. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

I always felt when Luke removed Darth Vader's helmet in Return of the JEDI it should have been Chris Lee's.

11. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

I hope this is a great honor for him as he most certainly deserves it. Actually though Lee got his biggest wish in Lord of the Rings. He's a huge fan, reading the book once a year, and playing Saruman is a dream come true. Lee is THE man for the role and it will be a delight to see him in a huge production in such a juicy part.
    For those not old enough to know, or haven't seen him in action before, this will be an awakening to the greatest living horror actor in the world.
    Congratulations Sir Christopher!
    Jason Ashley
    Warwick, NY

12. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

He's not Sir Chris, Jason. 'Sir' is reserved for those with knighthoods.

13. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

ouch

14. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

I am not British and do not care a whit for whatever antiquated and elitest rules of address British society still cling to. If, however, Christopher Lee gets some satisfaction and sense of honor from it then I am happy for him. He deserves it and more. If "sir" is offensive then I do apologize but it certainly can't be worse than publicly correcting someone else's salutation.
    Jason Ashley

15. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Who said anything about offensive?
    Jason sir, you are making FAR too much of what I said (two months ago).