What's new

Christmas films Blu-ray wishlist (3 Viewers)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Ed Lachmann said:
Christmas wish...give us BARABBAS!
Wouldn't that be more of an Easter film?

At least here, it's broadcasted on Easter usually (if ever).

Never on Christmas.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Konstantinos said:
Wouldn't that be more of an Easter film?

At least here, it's broadcasted on Easter usually (if ever).

Never on Christmas.
Yeah, I suppose, but I'll try ANYTHING to get another beloved epic in blu-ray.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I was just thinking about Christmas films again.

It seems none of my wishlist (or any other mentioned in this thread) is coming this year (except Fabulous Baker Boys that was released [I know it's not a Christmas film but I have related it with Christmas], and The Nutcracker (1993)).

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
The local news here in Vancouver had an item last night about Christmas shopping displays going up already, and they used a brief film clip of a package-laden Gene Lockhart entering the Cratchit home from the 1938 "A Christmas Carol". They attributed the clip ("from YouTube", the graphic read) to "A Christmas Carol (1935)". I e-mailed them a correction about their mistake, which they'll never use. TV journalism isn't worth the paper it isn't printed on.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Marvin said:
Ernest Saves Christmas!
Now there's an underrated Christmas movie. It really has something for everyone, including people who think they are too cool for Christmas movies. I'd love a Blu-Ray to replace my non-anamorphic DVD, and while Disney (via Buena Vista Home Video) is at it, they could do the same with "The Ref".

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Beyond the biblical epics, I'd love to see Come to the Stable on blu-ray, also to my mind one of the most beautiful films ever made. It's a Fox property and I'd imagine available to Twilight TIme.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
dana martin said:
O. Henry's Full House

It's got to be coming in Region A one of these days. The German blu-ray of it, which I've had for some time now, looks absolutely stunning.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I've sent a message to Hen's Tooth asking if there are any plans to release A Child's Christmas in Wales on Bluray (since they had released the DVD 10 years ago). From what I hear this film was shot on 16mm.

B000TLOJ52.jpg

If you're interested in this film you could contact them also if you'd like:

http://www.henstoothvideo.com/ContactUs.html

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Konstantinos said:
I've sent a message to Hen's Tooth asking if there are any plans to release A Child's Christmas in Wales on Bluray (since they had released the DVD 10 years ago). From what I hear this film was shot on 16mm.

B000TLOJ52.jpg

Is you're interested in this film you could contact them also if you'd like:
http://www.henstoothvideo.com/ContactUs.html
It's such a lovely Christmas program. I hope there is a Blu-Ray sometime. I have the DVD, and it's certainly better than my old VHS tape, but I think it might need some work to spruce it up for Blu-Ray. The Colin Firth "Pride and Prejudice" was 16 MM, and the Blu-Ray had a restoration featurette showing how they got such a good result, so it can be done.

Real Name
Thomas Roberts
We always watched 'Christmas Comes to Willow Creek' growing up. I have it on DVD now, but a new bluray transfer would be awesome.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Since we're wishing, I'll go for Home for the Holidays. No, not the Jodie Foster directed comedy from 1995, but rather this little gem from 1972:

Home_for_the_Holidays_%281972_film%29_video_cover.jpg

It was an ABC Movie of the Week that premiered right after Thanksgiving in 1972. I was 9 at the time and it scared the beejeesus out of me. It will never see a BD release but was released on DVD by Echo Bridge in 2013 as part of a multi-film collection (and is now almost impossible to find).

Merry Christmas!!

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Not technically a Christmas "film" I guess, but I'd love it if they'd release a Blu-ray version of "Judy Collins: Christmas at the Biltmore Estate."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks