What's new

Christmas 2010 (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How was your 2010 Christmas? What did you give and get? Where was it spent? My family is scattered over four states, so we gathered at the biggest house in Memphis, Tenn. I bought my wife some really cute orange car earrings :) I ended up getting a number of movies, which is ironic since I'm the one always saying we should buy fewer movies. And a few new books, which I hope to get to this year. The biggest excitement was the first Xmas with the 6 mo old niece :D She got some nice clothes from Nieman Marcus! A good holiday with family. And now back to food and movies!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Our family is a complete disaster (a "Rescue Me" type disaster) so I gathered with my mother at her house.

I only bought for her and the dog. I bought her a new digital camera, some needed accessories for the camera, and a new set of pots & pans.

I received from her some gift cards (to be used for clothing), a new electric razor, and the complete series of "Lost" on blu-ray. I was pretty surprised she bought me "Lost". I don't usually get stuff like that from her and I wasn't expecting for her to pay that much, it was the crown jewel of my Christmas though and is a beautiful box set. I love the show though and have been wanting to see it in HD (saw it in SD the full six years it ran). I also got a little money from relatives and a Target gift card. I think the Target gift card may go towards upgrading my Tivo to a new Premiere for HD recording as I recently upgraded my entire theater to HD components and will be getting HD cable service soon too.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
My family has started to thin out over the last few years .

Anyway, I had a great day today and I hope everyone else did as well. Happy Holidays!

Real Name
Jim Wyrosdick
This seemed like a good thread to hop in on even though I don't have many posts to my credit yet. The wife and I sped like a race car, (late again) about 65 miles to Marietta GA to spend Christmas eve with my Mom, and a dozen family and friends including the closest thing to a real angel I have ever seen or heard. She is my grand-niece and will be 3 come late spring. For such a young child she has the most pleasant disposition and other traits seen in anyone; child or otherwise. Mom is just barely able to cook such a big spread as she is getting on in years but the feasts she still insists on preparing each Christmas are fit for a small army and they always bring back memories of simpler times at Christmas. We did a yankee gift swap this year because so many of the extended family are out of work. The wife and I are fortunate to be dug in like a tick at our respective jobs. I pray it stays that way.

I joined this forum because I decided it was time to move to hdtv and 3d-bd. While it snowed and snowed today, I spent the time taking everything out of their boxes and familiarizing myself with it all as best I could. I bought a tallish pedestal/stand with shelves to hold everything so I assembled it as well. Having read enough such that I thought I sort of knew how to accomplish initial hook-up and set-ups on the tv and the ps3 I actually powered it all up. Now, I am no wizard at all things computing and I do have some issues with directions, written or otherwise but I think I can figure most things out given enough time; then maybe not. Having worked for many hours before finally accepting that I was suffering a minor set-back, I ended up watching Avatar in simulated 3d because no matter what or how hard or how long I tried changing settings to play Alice in Wonderland-3d, my new tv/3d-bd player combo insisted I do not have a 3d enabled player. Is it ok to ask for some help in this forum category for things that are not _exactly_ ht related? I'll bet a lot of you have set up systems for your self and could therefore help me and others as well.

However, it is nearly time to get up and get started on the day, so I guess I had better go off-line for now and catch a few zzz's. If you are inclined to respond and help me, then I will try some time in the future to help someone else. For example not everyone knows how to use a dmm. I could possibly help folks track down problems with a speaker that won't work if it turns out to be the speaker wires or coil, by walking them through a few continuity checks. Simple but possibly helpful don't you think?

Thank you in advance for all responses.

Jim@MilkyWay

-----------

JoeCool6972

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Turner
We had a white Christmas here in the Raleigh/Durham area since 1947. It was beautiful. Seven inches of snow. But on a downside, myself, the wife, and our 14 year old daughter were all sick with the flu!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Whew! Back home after about 10 days away, visiting family and friends. Got suitcases full of dirty clothes to unpack. And bags of movies and books to sort and put away. And a pair of kitties happy to see us again.

A good Christmas. But glad to be home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks