What's new

Choosing a new Receiver based on requirements (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Jarburn said:
I had been looking at offerings from Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, as well as Pio Elite, and couldn't resist the sale price on the 1222 ($549 w/coupon code) at Newegg. I think I'll be happy with it (I'm not ultra demanding these days). I'm floored at some of the bungee cord pricing on AV receivers. A couple of days after Christmas I was about ready to grab an Onkyo TX-NR818 for $679 (multiple authorized sellers) when the price snapped back to $1200 from authorized dealers. The 1222, at even less, was too much to resist. Today the price is back up to $1100 at Newegg. :rolleyes:
Probably means the stock finally ran out. The new models trickle in February and March.

maxsound7

Grip
Real Name
mike
Well I have narrowed it down to two final choices and need help before I pull the trigger: Onkyo NR709 for around $500 with taxes/shipping OR Pioneer Elite SC-61 for $900 all in. Both will have full warranties. Will that extra cash for the Elite be worth it for the setup I am working on?: My goal is to have audiophile front speakers and sub which will all use pre outs and run off separate amps. The receiver will be used to power my center and surrounds for home theatre. When I crank it the sound must be clean, no distorting. To give you an idea of my ears: listened to $500 Energy and $500 Polk towers today on a Marantz, it was way to bright loud and unfortunately sounded better turned down. You guys have been alot of help and I really appreciate it. Thank you

TheGary

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
The SC-1222 is $530 until tomorrow. It benched at 100wpc with all channels driven. Pretty impressive.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The 1222 and the Elite SC-61 are nearly identicle, both built off the same chassis. That's quite a bit more for the Elite name and an extra years warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks